Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay.. im about 3 weeks into my course of accutane.. for the first 3 weeks i've put up with chapped lips since day 1. i cant stand it anymore.. they've become SOOO dry and red.. everytime i smile.. i feel like my lips are gonna crack and bleed.. yea its pretty funny.. im currently using labello, blistex and carmex lip balm.. i cant seem to find aquaphor anywhere.. does anybody know how long the chapped lips stay for?

entire treatment and a little bit after.

Your lips have been chapped from day 1, LITERALLY? o.O

well not day 1.. it started on day 2.. lightly.. then throughout it juss went dry like a dried prune.. okay.. that was lame.. but u get the picture =]

I've been bumming aquaphor samples off of my derm eusa_angel.gif ..they're nice and pocketsized unlike the tubs and tubes I've come across at low lying inconspicuous shelves at Walmart and Walgreen. Dunno where you are so I dunno what drugstores you have in the area, but if you'd like to buy somethin over the net check this out: http://www.drugstore.com/search/search.asp...search=aquaphor

Hope it helps! wink.gif

i use neosporin lt lip treatment at bed time and i use hawaiin tropic 45 aloe vera cocoa butter sunblock lip balm (all together) for the day. the hawaiin lip balm is really good cause its water proof and so it doesnt rub off when you eat or drink

I've been using Dr. Dan's Cortibalm and Aquaphor. Vaseline has actually worked the best for me, though it lacks the staying power of Aquaphor.

aquaphor has definately been my best friend (i carry it around everywhere i go). but you won't find it in the chapstick section. go to any cvs/walgreens/walmart in their LOTION section and you should find it.

I know most of you are boys posting in this section, so I might not be too helpful in my suggestions but here it goes.

Lorac makes a lip balm and it is WONDERFUL. Its vanilla, and its clear- so it shouldnt leave you glossy looking..just moist. It really seals in the moisture, and smells great too.

MAC makes a lip conditioner..one in a stick, a pot, and a tube. All are great. It really clears up my chapped lips SO fast...after 1 application, theyre usually 90% better.

Burt's Bees makes a few different balms, all have gotten awesome reviews from friends of mine who took Accutane.

Rosebald Salve is another popular brand that has a strong moisture based balm.

I think the smell is icky, though.

Bliss Labs (you can get it at Sephora) makes a lip conditioner that is AWESOME. Its softening and moisturizing, without that nasty greasy feeling.

I know most of you are boys posting in this section, so I might not be too helpful in my suggestions but here it goes.

Lorac makes a lip balm and it is WONDERFUL.  Its vanilla, and its clear- so it shouldnt leave you glossy looking..just moist.  It really seals in the moisture, and smells great too.

MAC makes a lip conditioner..one in a stick, a pot, and a tube. All are great. It really clears up my chapped lips SO fast...after 1 application, theyre usually 90% better.

Burt's Bees makes a few different balms, all have gotten awesome reviews from friends of mine who took Accutane.

Rosebald Salve is another popular brand that has a strong moisture based balm.

I think the smell is icky, though.

Bliss Labs (you can get it at Sephora) makes a lip conditioner that is AWESOME. Its softening and moisturizing, without that nasty greasy feeling.

heh thats true.. i dont think i'd walk into a MAC and look for their products.. lol again with aquaphor. i tried a couple walmarts.. check teir chapstick section... moisturizer/lotion section.. no luck.. also tried some shoppers drug marts..

Thank you Berry- Exactly. lol

Also- Mac 's is about 9$ which lasts forever in the tub... To me, I would spend whatever to heal the problem thats really bothering me. (which is why, even though I dont have coverage for accutane, and if i cant do the assistance program- ill probably do it on my own anyway and find money somehow)

I just feel like...If its gonna make me feel better/look better, etc.. Ill get it. I also said that the post was probably not as helpful to the guys reading, so I just thought id add that as well. Burts Bees and Rosebud Salve work great- and you can usually find them in like, walmart or somewhere along those lines. That was a suggestion moreso for the guys.

i use Apaisac Restructuring Repair Lip Balm for damage of the labial mucosa cause by medical treatments - i find it great - but seems these products by Laboritoires Biorga are not available in a lot of countries - pity coz they are specially designed for skin undergoing dermatological treatment