Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnny5Alive

Something stupid I did with a reluctant pimple

OK, I wanted to see if I could get away with just BPing and washing my face once a day, so I tried it for three days. Started off OK, but then, I started getting pimples so I quickly decided to go back to double BPing a day. So, now, I still got these two red bumps on my face. Recently, I haven't been getting normal whiteheads. I've been getting just bumps. But, no matter how many times I tell myself not to mes with it, I do. So I start squeezing the bump, but it only makes it hurt more. I decide to hit the showers, and when i come out, I notice the pimple has develped a head. So I go back to squeeze it, but nothing. I'm just getting clear liquid (oil?) and a little bit of blood. But I can feel something hard in it, and I'm stupid so I wasn't giving up. So i do the double finger technique as hard as I can. Using both pointer fingers, one on each side, I press. Finally it pops, and I'm instantly releieved. I put a bit of alcohol on it so it doesn't get infected, and then put some BP spot treament on it and sack out. I left the other red bump alone because it wasn't worth going through that again.

Anyways, I wake up, and now I have a HUGE BRUISE ON MY FACE. It looks awful. All around where I popped that stubborn pimple it was purplish. I've had this before, but it was only minor. Looked like someone hooked me across jaw. Now my face hurts, especially when I smile sad.gif.

So take my advice. If the pimple is being stubborn, LET IT WIN!!

if you have a pimple that hasent developed into a whitehead, id let it be. i normally just tell myself if i feel good, i look good, and keep it at that. only when the pimple has developed a puss filled head, and its hard (initially it will be soft, i let it harden) i prick it genly with a sanitized pin/tweezer and gently take out the puss. i found through experience you should only do this if the whitehead is hard to the touch, if its still soft, it will most likely scar or stay red and bumpy.

Thanks for the tip, Marx. That other red bump I was talking about is developing a head. I'll let it sit for a few days and then do something with it. Thanks for the response!

np! glad to be of help to anyone on these boards! thats actually my personal rule, if it forms a head let it dry so you can easily get it out. if its soft to the touch, its still forming so dont do anything about it, just continue your regimen and feel good about yourself!