Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Monody

I need help!!

First of all I'd like to thank Dan for sharing this ritual with us. I bow down to thee.

Dan= God

Ok, right now I use Neautrogena Deep Clean facial cleanser and Clean and Clear dual action oil-free moisturizer. I've been using it for a few months and it has helped but it never fully clears my skin! So now I'm going to try The Regimen biggrin.gif

*cue cheesy music*

Ok, first things first, I need a bp. I live in Canada and an unable to order online so I am not able to get ahold of Dan's bp. Can anyone recommend me a good 2.5% availible in stores??

Also, would it be ok if I were to use my current cleanser and moisturizer with the Regimen? I have a feeling it may be too harsh, seeing as they both contain sacyclic acid and such

Let me know what you think wink.gif

Hello!

Well, first off, Dan does not recommend using salicylic acid with the regimen. So, that said, if you want to do the Regimen as specifically as Dan suggests, you're gonna have to get a new wash and moisturizer. Personally, I use Purpose wash, Neutrogena on-the-spot bp, and Eucerin Skin Renewal moisturizer with spf.

I think you can find Neutrogena on-the-spot in Canada, but if not, I believe one of our other Canadian posters mentioned an OXY bp that had only 2.5%, so you might look for that.

Check through Dan's list of 'regimen supplies' and see if you can find a cleanser and moisturizer that you can use for the regimen. There are many that Dan recommends, so it should be easier for you to find those in Canada.

If you are unsure which products would be good to try, read through the product ratings pages and see what others have to say about each different cleanser, moisturizer, and bp products. Keep posting as questions come up!

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress! I hope it works well for you!

im canadian too.

go to zellers and in the wash department or w/e its called. there should be something called benzac. its a pretty big bottle, it's 5% bp and cost about 10-15 dollars. I suggest buying that because bp anywhere else is usually in very small quantities and quite expensive

Ahh, good stuff there. Oh well I'm off to Zellers cause they have a whole crapload of stuff in the cleanser section, and (I'm guessing) would be cheaper than Shoppers Drug Mart.

Thanks for the help guys!

I might start out with the 2.5% bp as I don't want to burn my skin into oblivion neutral.gif

I don't nessasarily have sensitive skin but hey you can't be too sure

Oh well, wish me luck!! wacko.gif

Other suggestions welcome!!

im canadian too.

go to zellers and in the wash department or w/e its called. there should be something called benzac. its a pretty big bottle, it's 5% bp and cost about 10-15 dollars. I suggest buying that because bp anywhere else is usually in very small quantities and quite expensive