Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Elsewhere

Question About Reducing The Pain Of A Boil

I got my first painful zit and WOWZERS - it fucking hurts! At first I thought it was a bug bite (no visible head or anything), but it turned out to be some kind of boil. The wierd thing is that it isn't all that raised or anything, but it's sore!

I've never had this before and it's kind of freaking me out.

Any tips on how to reduce the pain? How long it will last? Whenever the skin of my forehead moves (which is alot, since my eyes are constantly going up and down!) it aches.

Try icing it. This will help reduce redness and swelling which should help with the pain a bit as well. I read this recently in a book, by the way. Run an ice cube over the cyst for several minutes, a few times a day. Hopefully this will help keep it from getting any bigger too. I only recommend this if you are sure it is a pimple-cyst. If you are thinking it might be something else, you might consider consulting a dermatologist. Also if it is really really hurting, a dermatologist might be a good idea anyway. They can actually inject those buggers and relieve them almost instantly.

Hope this helps.