Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
detros

Using BP 10% on back acne

I do know that the skin on our back is much thicker and less sensitive, so im guessing dry skin wouldnt be that much of a worry. Im still a bit wary though before trying anything.

Guest Avian

Back skin is very tough and able to withstand a lot of treatment. However, any dryness caused by 10% BP will irritate the skin and may make your acne worse. Also, Dan says that several studies show that 2.5 is just as effective as 5 or 10, so I'd downgrade if you experience a lot of dryness and redness.

I really like Dan's 2.5 gel. It spreads great all over the back. Then spot treat active bumps with 10%. I personally think that BP works so much better then the Salic Acid. The BP is more drying. Have noticed since not using SA product on back less break outs.

Back skin is very tough and able to withstand a lot of treatment. However, any dryness caused by 10% BP will irritate the skin and may make your acne worse. Also, Dan says that several studies show that 2.5 is just as effective as 5 or 10, so I'd downgrade if you experience a lot of dryness and redness.