Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my skin looks clear from a distance but when u get up close it looks terrible

i usually suffer from oily skin and get the occasional whitehead pop up

mainly my jawline and chin is the affected area where i have smooth skin but all these red marks where spots occur

i had these for all my life now since 12

my skin does not really flare up alot but constantly i have these red marks that dont feel like spots but look lke them

any advice?

im trying the regimen at the moemnt would u fink i need to try accutane ?

Well it sounds like you have mild acne if you get the "occasional spot". As for the red marks they sound like markings left from previous spots. Are they flat and painless ?

Adam

Accutane aint gonna do anything for your red marks. Although I suppose it is an option to see if you can purge yourself of the occasional spot...some derms are very picky about prescribing though. For the red marks...try a fade cream like vita k ...there is some info about how to get it in the uk on the international board.

Hey paul, sounds exactly like me, my face looks fine from a distance but awful up close, but it is gradually clearing the red marks up with the BP, I get the odd spot rear it's ugly head but it won't stay long. I'm currently on perscription drugs (oxytetrocyline) but it's effect is very minimal so I'm seeing my doc monday to come off them for the sake of my insides. A ew days ago started using scotch tape to try get rid of tiny scars + red marks, after 2 days I can notice a slight difference :) and my skin feels sooo much nicer.

yes they are flat and painless

i was given some special cream by my dermotologist (NICAM GEL) which is for treatment for inflammatory acne vulgaris but doesn't benzoyl peroxide do the same thing?

if so will these red marks go away ?

surely they would of disappeared by now then?

also i use to use a product that was quite oilyand had an ingredient in it that could clog pores (cocoa) could this be the reason why iv had all these red marks since i was 12

now 18

if your skin is clear from a distance but terrible on close up. then ur skin must be terrible. your words not mine. Go on the regimen or accutane.

my skin looks clear from a distance but when u get up close it looks terrible

i usually suffer from oily skin and get the occasional whitehead pop up

mainly my jawline and chin is the affected area where i have smooth skin but all these red marks where spots occur

i had these for all my life now since 12

my skin does not really flare up alot but constantly i have these red marks that dont feel like spots but look lke them

any advice?

im trying the regimen at the moemnt would u fink i need to try accutane ?

the funny thing for me is my skin looks good from a distance. And really up close looks great, soft, smooth etc... But i have some red spots which you can see only at a certain distance like 5 ft. Up close you cant see em cuz i dunno just close up they blend in with my skin. Really far you cant see em either.

its annoying coz they seem to be there permanent as i have had them for years since i started getting spots from the age of 12

they are flat and smooth but just red will they just fade between 4-6 months or whatever coz i never tried this regiemn for that amout of time

was anyone in the same situation always red then one day they started to grafdually disappear what was that feeling like?

itsa nnoying coz people come up to u thinking u got perfect skin then up close there opinion changes which is really embarassing