Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MacroMike

What wash should i be using with neutrugena 1 spot

im using neutrogena 1 spot acne treatment. With 2.5% bp. Im using this wash that my dad gets pretty cheap. Its called zap it and contains .5% salicylic acid. I wash my face in the morning and apply the 1spot, same thing for at nite before i go to bed, and during the day I use a bye bye blemish facial mask, and moisturize right after i wash that off. Should i add/change anything? i've been doing this since saturday, and i think i may have gotten 1 new pimple. Everything else seems to be kinda fading down. Tips/suggestions?

Well, Dan doesn't recommend using products with salicylic acid along with the Regimen. But that product you mentioned doesn't have very much, so hopefully you will not over-irritate your face using it.

If these things are working out for you and helping you, then keep on. But if you are wanting to go by the Clear Skin Regimen that Dan recommends, then you would need to use a mild cleanser (with no acne medications in it), then the bp, then a moisturizer.

Good luck to you.

Well, Dan doesn't recommend using products with salicylic acid along with the Regimen. But that product you mentioned doesn't have very much, so hopefully you will not over-irritate your face using it.

If these things are working out for you and helping you, then keep on. But if you are wanting to go by the Clear Skin Regimen that Dan recommends, then you would need to use a mild cleanser (with no acne medications in it), then the bp, then a moisturizer.

Good luck to you.

I've been using an SA face wash (Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser), in conjunction with 5% BP Cream (Quinoderm 5. I did try Panoxyl 2.5% gel, but it irritated the hell out of my skin. The Quinoderm 5 seems much more gentle), for a few months and have had really good results with it. I don't use the BP cream all over my face.. just in the places I'm prone to break out.. and I only use it at night, every other day.

While some people might find this combination too irritating, my skin's been fine with it (I always moisturise after washing face/applying BP), and I do have quite sensitive skin.. so I'm going to keep on doing this, as long as it's working smile.gif

I've been using an SA face wash (Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser), in conjunction with 5% BP Cream (Quinoderm 5.  I did try Panoxyl 2.5% gel, but it irritated the hell out of my skin.  The Quinoderm 5 seems much more gentle), for a few months and have had really good results with it.  I don't use the BP cream all over my face.. just in the places I'm prone to break out.. and I only use it at night, every other day.

While some people might find this combination too irritating, my skin's been fine with it (I always moisturise after washing face/applying BP), and I do have quite sensitive skin.. so I'm going to keep on doing this, as long as it's working  smile.gif