Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darklord

Chlorine...

I am starting to think that the chlorine in my water is causing my acne. I have perfected my diet yet i still breakout will small spots occasionally.

Would a water filter be a good option to remove chlorine?

What does everyone else thing?

Tom

I am starting to think that the chlorine in my water is causing my acne. I have perfected my diet yet i still breakout will small spots occasionally.

What does everyone else thing?

Tom

No. If anything, i think chlorine clears acne. I joined a swim club for about 4-5 months(its too cold now) after the first month or so, everyone was saying, that my skin was really clearing up.I didnt really notice it, i actually think it was something to do with the sun. My skin must've just glistened more.

Yeah, my 18 year old daughter's skin is worse since she went away to

college. I thought it was what she was eating, but she told me they

do not chlorinate the water there. I think that our home water is chlorinated. So that is something we were wondering about also. She

is home on a spring break, if it gets better over the week, then perhaps

the water has something to do with it, one way or the other.

Actually Chlorine not only causes head, face, and neck acne, it is also responsible for respitory allergies and eye irritation. I just ordered a new Sprite Water Filter from "Waterproducts.com" because my face and head started breaking out again because I forgot to replace the filter. My daughters face broke out as well (which is partially caused by teeth coming in). But I've tested this many many times...and the thing is...acne and all these other things are caused by mulitple inputs...not just one thing. I'm sure my skin will be relieved when my shower filter arrives...just as it has been many other times. In addition, I got rid of mystery eye irritations that cost me hundreds in special drops when I changed my shower filter. Also...I wash everything in organic laundry detergent and a whole host of ailments went away after I made that change as well. It was quite the shocker. So sure...chlorine definitely is an irritant...and whatever other chemicals are coming through. Best to scale down in multiple areas...with this being one of them.

yes, something in tap water irritates my skin as well.. i just don't know which filter to buy.....

Yes. There's actually a type of acne called chloracne which industrial workers get from exposure to chlorine like in PVC manufacture.

And some think some adults just breaking out for the first time in recent years are getting it from the chlorine in splenda, what with the massive amounts of bottled drinks so many people seem determined to drink.

Yeah, my 18 year old daughter's skin is worse since she went away to

college. I thought it was what she was eating, but she told me they

do not chlorinate the water there. I think that our home water is chlorinated. So that is something we were wondering about also. She

is home on a spring break, if it gets better over the week, then perhaps

the water has something to do with it, one way or the other.

That is so interesting, because my skin was always crystal clear during university, but when I would come home my skin would break out. My diet, sleep and activity levels remained constant so this could definitely be a factor in acne.

wow, i did not knwo that its called cholracne. is that made up or a real name? does cold water reduce the effects??

When I go swimming in public pools and stuff I don't think it has any effect on my acne. If anything it made it better.

I go through phases of lots of swimming and I never really notice a difference in my skin from it spots wise but I did notice that my skin was a LOT drier. Was fairly lashing on moisturiser after it.

wow, i did not knwo that its called cholracne. is that made up or a real name? does cold water reduce the effects??

Well, someone made it up. But it is real. Google it.

yes chlorine definitely can cause acne, especially if you have sensitive skin. A friend of mine always develops major cysts on his back if he swims in a chlorinated pool, as I do somewhat also. It doesnt matter how small the amount, it is bad for the immune system, the skin, and countless other body systems.

Try using filtered or distilled water only to wash your face and don't let other type of water touch it and see if anything changes.

Try using filtered or distilled water only to wash your face and don't let other type of water touch it and see if anything changes.

Well, the answer to this is yes. Because you don't want to drink all that chlorine. And you don't want to inhale it from the steam in the shower or soak in it in the bath. Not over a lifetime. Whether or not it causes your acne.

They had a discussion about this on a show called, The Doctors, on NBC this week and they said the amount of chlorine in the water is so small that it poses no threat for any health problems. The only thing it really can do is dry out for skin and hair, but i bought a water filter for my shower last week and i have not noticed any difference in my skin or hair.