Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
californiaCA

Recommended CLEANSER?

Hey you guys, I am thinking of starting the regimen back up again... but the problem I had with it last time was that my skin would get super tight and dry after I washing my face, then it was scaly by the time I put on the BP. Which cleanser do you recommend for use with the regimen? The only cleanser that worked ok while I was on the regimen was Sage's Corrective Grains, which is an exfoliating scrub that is actually really gentle and smooths my skin with no irritation. But Dan says to follow the regimen EXACTLY and I dont want to use something that will hinder progress. I dont have super-sensitive skin, but it does need to be taken care of! Any suggestions for a gentle cleanser that removes all makeup, dirt and oil COMPLETELY without over-drying? Thanks!!

Hi CaliforniaCA,

I use Cetphil which I find really works for me. When I first started using the regimen I suffered terrrible with dry skin after cleansing and during the day so pretty much all the time really but after a couple of months it started to subside and now after five months I don't suffer with dryness at all. I think some peoples skin just takes longer to adjust.

Good Luck! smile.gif

Well, what is your skin type? Are you typically oily or dry skinned? If you are usually dry, then a cleanser like Cetaphil should work well for you and not over-dry. If you are oily, like me, then you might consider trying the Purpose Gentle Cleanser or bar. I have been using the Purpose cleanser, and it gets all the oil and stuff off your face pretty good, but does leave it on the dry side, which is good for me since I am usually so oily.

You might browse through the product ratings page and read what others have had to say about the various cleansers Dan recommends, that might help you make your decision.

good luck.