Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jessijames22

I'm a Newbie

OK, so I'm a newbie, and here's my deal....

For years I have dealt with (actually, hidden) my back acne. I don't really break out anywhere else, but my back and shoulders are bad enough! At least if you have acne on your face, it's viewed as socially acceptable. It still may be seen at as "gross", but at least people can grasp it.

I have always felt like a freak for having body acne. It make me feel nasty... unattractive. I know this may sound shallow, but if I didn't care about my appearance, I wouldn't care that I have back acne! Ya Know?

I wish I could go into a store and not look at every shirt's back to make sure it won't reveal any of my outbreaks! I wish I could swim, intead of telling people I don't know how, so I can avoid wearing a bathing suit! I wish I could look at myself in the mirror without crying!

The people that know about it, or have seen it (not too many) tell me that it isn't that bad. I always dare them to say that same thing if it was all over their back!

I am completely self concience, this had made my self esteem go straight down the crapper! I need some suggestions... What do you suggest for moderate (border-line severe?) acne that just affects my back? Creams are hard... can't seem to reach it all. What about Accutane? I've tried ALL the over the counter stuff, and have been prescribed minocycline which didn't do a thing. I need help!

I understand how you feel.

My daughter too has back acne. She just started blue lite therapy today for her back. Like you its not bad on face. She is able to control on face with other topicals. She has moderate acne on back. We are hoping this works. I really feel pretty optimistic about it. (She will still need to keep her regimen on her back). Only thing is alot of insurance companies consider this cosmetic and don't cover it. Lucky, ours do. Blue Shield/Blue Cross. It is $800 for a package that consist of 8 20 minute sessions. She has them done twice a week. Before we started the Blue Lite, once the weather warmed up, she went outside and got some sun on her back 15 min. max. I noticed that it also seemed to help dry things out. She plays sports and the Dr. said that it's common to get acne on back and/or chest because of the sweating. The annoying part of it all is the marks left behind. I am hoping that once she stops breaking out her back can start healing and the red marks fade.

I understand how you feel.

My daughter too has back acne.  She just started blue lite therapy today for her back.  Like you its not bad on face.  She is able to control on face with other topicals.  She has moderate acne on back.  We are hoping this works.  I really feel pretty optimistic about it.  (She will still need to keep her regimen on her back).  Only thing is alot of insurance companies consider this cosmetic and don't cover it.  Lucky, ours do.  Blue Shield/Blue Cross.  It is $800 for a package that consist of 8 20 minute sessions.  She has them done twice a week.  Before we started the Blue Lite,  once the weather warmed up, she went outside and got some sun on her back 15 min.  max.  I noticed that it also seemed to help dry things out.  She plays sports and the Dr. said that it's common to get acne on back and/or chest because of the sweating.  The annoying part of it all is the marks left behind.  I am hoping that once she stops breaking out her back can start healing and the red marks fade.