Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

Ok, I've been on accutane for 6 months, finished last june, but now the after effect is a red nose. It was really bright red, it got lowered by using rosacea cream.

I re-visited my dermatologist, and he said that I would have to go back on accutane. See, I told him that wouldn't help, because I've been on accutane, it didn't do much good.

So he said to go for laser as my last option.

I read the sticky topic above, and it says :

Post-inflammatory pigmentation is discoloration of the skin at the site of a healed or healing inflamed acne lesion. It occurs more frequently in darker-skinned people, but occasionally is seen in people with white skin. Early treatment by a dermatologist may minimize the development of post-inflammatory pigmentation. Some post-inflammatory pigmentation may persist for up to 18 months, especially with excessive sun exposure. Chemical peeling may hasten the disappearance of post-inflammatory pigmentation.

In july of last year, almost 2 weeks after the end of accutane, I sunbathed in egypt for a whole month, every day. I think that is the reason why it is so red, and it won't go away. I must have not given it time to heal.

Now I do not know what to do. I don't want to do laser, cause it's expensive and I will be unsociable for at least 2 weeks.

HELP!

Posted

i think all that sun didnt help much - it is so important to use sunblock with a high SPF during the course and the months following the termination of the medication - as for treatments, i would suggest getting a second opinion - but the doctor always knows best

good luck smile.gif

Ok, I've been on accutane for 6 months, finished last june, but now the after effect is a red nose. It was really bright red, it got lowered by using rosacea cream.

I re-visited my dermatologist, and he said that I would have to go back on accutane. See, I told him that wouldn't help, because I've been on accutane, it didn't do much good.

So he said to go for laser as my last option.

I read the sticky topic above, and it says :

Post-inflammatory pigmentation is discoloration of the skin at the site of a healed or healing inflamed acne lesion. It occurs more frequently in darker-skinned people, but occasionally is seen in people with white skin. Early treatment by a dermatologist may minimize the development of post-inflammatory pigmentation. Some post-inflammatory pigmentation may persist for up to 18 months, especially with excessive sun exposure. Chemical peeling may hasten the disappearance of post-inflammatory pigmentation.

In july of last year, almost 2 weeks after the end of accutane, I sunbathed in egypt for a whole month, every day.  I think that is the reason why it is so red, and it won't go away. I must have not given it time to heal.

Now I do not know what to do. I don't want to do laser, cause it's expensive and I will be unsociable for at least 2 weeks.

HELP!

Posted

bump