Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

um, i tried doing a search for the tape methid on this site but I am unable to find it cry.gif

so does this really help with flakes and shtuff? For some reason my skin became really dry in the past few days and started to crack on the left side of my chin. Now it's peeling like crazy b/c of the cracking! i mean EXCESSIVELY. I tried a round bead exfoiliator on a cotton ball and now my skin is irritated too. this is soo friggen annoying...

please someone help me! I have a dentist appointment tomorrow and I don't want to go there all flaky and sh*t. uuugggh i hate bright dentist lights ninja.gif

I'm assuming youre using BP? I had my face crack too because of BP. It hurt like hell! Theres one thing Ive learned-- that too much BP only makes things worse. When I used too much, my face would peel and when it started peeling more, I'd use more products to exfoliate, which caused more acne and I'd use EVEN MORE BP and it just went on and on....it was out of control. So....I think the best thing you could do is not combat your skin with an army of products. I use the tape method and it does help because it helps exfoliate without getting my skin wet. But I remember once I went tape crazy and taped an area a couple times...it made my skin raw, so becarful about that.

well....im using retin-a and 2.5% bp lotion. I think im going to try not applying that stuff around the dry areas.

It's so wierd! I can't even smile properly because the skins so tight. It comes out crooked because one side is ok while the other is straining LoL

but just for future reference.......how does this tape thing work? Do you dab the tape on your skin multiple times? Peel it make like a waxing strp? Isn't the adhesive bad for the skin? I am so clueless yet so lazy to search anymore.......

lol.gif yeah...too much BP made my skin feel tight too. It gets worse when I wash my face too much. Like you said, I use scotch tape like waxing. Or you could dab, whatever works fer you:) Im not sure if the adhesive can promote acne. I havent had problems with that yet. If my friends saw me taping my skin....id get so much shit!