Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does adult acne disappear over a number of years? I.e. become gradually better but real slowly.

I'm 26 and don't get really have bad breakout like I did as a teenanger but my acne doesnt seem to disappear. my skin appears to be getting less greasy as I get older but not completely. Also I don't get spots in the places where I did as when I was younger, i.e. now on the cheeks/chin instead of forehead when I was say 18.

On average what age does adult acne go in men? Mid twenties or later? Any older guys out there who have seen there acne stop?

Does adult acne disappear over a number of years? I.e. become gradually better but real slowly.

I'm 26 and don't get really have bad breakout like I did as a teenanger but my acne doesnt seem to disappear. my skin appears to be getting less greasy as I get older but not completely. Also I don't get spots in the places where I did as when I was younger, i.e. now on the cheeks/chin instead of forehead when I was say 18.

On average what age does adult acne go in men? Mid twenties or later? Any older guys out there who have seen there acne stop?

I think it varies hugely from person to person.

I'm 29 (female) and still have very mild acne.

Some people it's gone by their 30s.. I've read a few posts on here, in the past few days, from people who're in their 40s and still have acne..

There are no hard and fast rules about when it'll clear up, sadly

Unless you're very lucky, I don't think adult acne just "goes away" like teenage acne does. Or I wouldn't count on it anyway. I think adult acne is a sign that something is out of balance, and until you fix that, I doubt the acne will get better.

I am 32(female) and still have mild to moderate acne. I get occasional cysts if I stray from my current regimen and makeup. I am not holding out a lot of hope that it will go away. My mom is over 60 years old and she has had acne from her 40's on. Funny she didn't have it young but I got "blessed" with it from my teenage years on. rolleyes.gif

I am 35, female. And if I did not religiously treat my face, my acne would be pretty bad. But, as someone else mentioned, over the last 20 years I have consistently used things to treat the acne (so it doesn't get out of hand). I have no idea when it will end. But so far Dan's regimen is keeping me clear. I find this a pretty easy routine to stick to, so it should not be a problem to keep doing it until this finally does end, probably when I am 70.............

i'm guessing it ends very gradually at first, and then suddenly. im a 26 year old male, too, so i know that feeling of 'this should've ended by now evil.gif .' have you tried accutane? if not, id say try it....might be the last push out of adolesence. also, and i should do this too, its much more rare for men to have acne after reaching adulthood. the 13-24 year old group is 'normal'. maybe a full physical with every available blood test and screening for all major and minor diseases and conditions is in order. if all checks out, then you wait or go the accutane way. if your hormones are whacked or thyroid is sleeping or kidneys are strained etc. then correcting whats wrong may stop you breaking out. adult acne is another case where women get the short end of the stick. hormones are whacky on a regular basis and then go haywire at menopause....and if thats what causes the acne, then it'll prolly never end on its own. but men down have the same wild hormone fluctuations as women, so are almost always given reprieve after they fully mature. oy, i dont know...all i do know is that it wont 'end' at 12:43pm on thursday afternoon. a derm is your best advisor about this subjuect.

XXXpcXXX

Hormones can really mess things up as us girls can see the effects on our face that accompany our monthly visitor. I think another problem is that our skin starts to change with age as well and stuff we used to use to treat acne in our teens starts to dry and damage our skin - I can only imagine what those oxy pads would do to me now... I don't know if acne can ever be cured (I'm 28 and still praying) but I have been able to control mine with Clear ATP - a product for us adults with zits - or as an adult I guess I should say blemish wink.gif Let me know if anyone else has found stuff that works on adult skin.