Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Zitro

Telling acne sufferers that they look prettier

Guest Zitro

I told a pretty girl (who seems to be clearing up from moderate/severe acne) that she's looking gorgeous lately, and she seemed to really have liked that comment and smiled widely.

Do you think its a good idea anyways?

if they, THEY, think that they're ugly, you telling them they look pretty might make them think that you're being sarcastic. but if they're clearing up and they know that they're clearing up, telling them they look pretty is pretty smart.

If i was the girl id be flattered i guess... but i wouldnt be able to look at you in the eye to tell you so.

Assuming it's a sincere compliment, definitely tell them!

If you're just saying it to make them feel better, don't bother. When you set off somebody's sympathetic lie detector they only feel patronised and dejected.

Guest Zitro

I've been complimented a couple of times that I look much better (because I'm clearing up rapidly) ... It feels very nice ... I decided to try it on a pretty girl who is clearing up quickly.

I told a pretty girl (who seems to be clearing up from moderate/severe acne) that she's looking gorgeous lately, and she seemed to really have liked that comment and smiled widely.

Guest Amy Lee
Assuming it's a sincere compliment, definitely tell them!

If you're just saying it to make them feel better, don't bother.  When you set off somebody's sympathetic lie detector they only feel patronised and dejected.

Guest Zitro

yeah, of course, I'm not gonna say it to someone who is getting worse, etc.

The girl is clearing up magically from moderate/severe acne.

Guest Avian

I think a lot of acne sufferers default to reacting like a compliment was made to wind them up, so they don't take it literally and look stupid. So you might have a hard time convincing them, unless they're clearing up.

There's nothing wrong with an honeset compliment.  Us acne sufferers don't hear them enough.  It's amazing how a few words will brighten your whole day when you're down.

yeah, of course, I'm not gonna say it to someone who is getting worse, etc.

The girl is clearing up magically from moderate/severe acne.

you are so sweet to compliment a girl that way - i think that people who are taking action against their acne will feel so great if someone told them that it is improving - i would love it personally but since i have had my initial breakout on Accutane things are not looking so well - but i look at it as something long term and i am not expecting results so drastically!!

if every person made one compliment a day to someone, there would be so many more people smiling all around us!

everytime i see someone with worse acne than me I always hope them to get better. Everytime I see a girl I knew I woudlnt' date either I always tell myself that every person is beautiful in their own way. the girl probably wouldn't date me either lol.

Guest Anubis

I think it's great to give out compliments!!! If someone with acne told me I'm looking better then to me that would mean something. Compliments don't cost a thing to give but are worth a million at times!i

Theres always hope IMO.

Yep it has to be sencere, in my experience though girls don't always believe compliments no matter how deeply you mean it....

Yep it has to be sencere, in my experience though girls don't always believe compliments no matter how deeply you mean it....

Guest Shjaker

I feel good when I get it from a stranger; when Ryan says it I'm like "Pssh, stop giving me false comfort" : P

Ugly cycle of you least believe the person you're closest to. rolleyes.gif

Guest Zitro

I received a nice compliment today at school by a nice pretty girl that my skin looks much better after spring break now.

I received a nice compliment today at school by a nice pretty girl that my skin looks much better after spring break now.

Guest Avian

In a way it's nicer to be complimented by a friend than by someone who's hitting on you.