Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SuzanneHopes

HELP!!! Having an Excision on my NOSE

May 17th I am having an excision for a deep ice pick scar on the tip (of all places) of my NOSE.

I am very nervous about this procedure...however, a linear scar would be a welcome site compared to the way my nose looks now.

I know this is a risky procedure and I am very worried It will open up and

look WORSE...I have heard.. way too many.. Horror stories.

eusa_liar.gif My question is..Is there anyone out there....

with a successful excision on their the nose.. ??? eusa_liar.gif

...please share your experience with me...Good or Bad...PLEEEESE!!!!

Thank you... wink.gif

May 17th I am having an excision for a deep ice pick scar on the tip (of all places) of my NOSE.

I am very nervous about this procedure...however, a linear scar would be a welcome site compared to the way my nose looks now.

Thank you...  wink.gif

Thank you...  wink.gif

Nodoubt, I had six excisions done. Five turned out great. One was a deep (bottomless) pore/icepick. The doc redid that one three months later at no charge. He told me the really deep scars were hard to correct. I ended up with a linear scar there that is somewhat indented but still much better than where I started. The doc also told me that he didn't suggest doing an excision on the nose because they didn't tend to heal well. Sorry to be negative--but, that is what he said. Good Luck to you!

Nodoubt,  I had six excisions done.  Five turned out great.  One was a deep (bottomless) pore/icepick.  The doc redid that one three months later at no charge.  He told me the really deep scars were hard to correct.  I ended up with a linear scar there that is somewhat indented but still much better than where I started.  The doc also told me that he didn't suggest doing an excision on the nose because they didn't tend to heal well.  Sorry to be negative--but, that is what he said.  Good Luck to you!

Nodoubt,  I had six excisions done.  Five turned out great.  One was a deep (bottomless) pore/icepick.  The doc redid that one three months later at no charge.  He told me the really deep scars were hard to correct.  I ended up with a linear scar there that is somewhat indented but still much better than where I started.  The doc also told me that he didn't suggest doing an excision on the nose because they didn't tend to heal well.  Sorry to be negative--but, that is what he said.  Good Luck to you!

aqua, regarding your question about my bottomless pore/icepick scar--it was as if I were poked with a needle and the puncture had sealed around the sides. Sort of like I had my face pierced. Yuck! I don't know how this thing originated. Makeup was constantly getting in there and it was quite noticable even though it was not large in diameter.

RuPerki, Regarding your comment about 302 and/or TCA CROSS--I am very interested in this idea. I know Richard has said "no acid" however, the idea of treating an isolated spot and then trying to repair with the 302 products seems like it might be promising--but then I'm just basing that on the SLIGHTEST understanding of how this "stuff" works. Do you know if Richard has addressed this concept??? I have been using the 302 for about a month with good results but I have to admit I've been tempted to try the combo.

aqua, regarding your question about my bottomless pore/icepick scar--it was as if I were poked with a needle and the puncture had sealed around the sides.  Sort of like I had my face pierced.  Yuck!  I don't know how this thing originated.  Makeup was constantly getting in there and it was quite noticable even though it was not large in diameter.

RuPerki, Regarding your comment about 302 and/or TCA CROSS--I am very interested in this idea.  I know Richard has said "no acid" however, the idea of treating an isolated spot and then trying to repair with the 302 products seems like it might be promising--but then I'm just basing that on the SLIGHTEST understanding of how this "stuff" works.  Do you know if Richard has addressed this concept???  I have been using the 302 for about a month with good results but I have to admit I've been tempted to try the combo.