Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
some guy

Accutane get rid of blackheads?

But does accutane permanently get rid of blackheads or only during the course? berry

Guest Amy Lee

Unfortunately, it isn't in my case. I still have blackheads.

I dont understand how accutane can get rid of the existing ones. In my case they are stuck in there. The ones on my nose probably can be gone after accutane but the ones on my chin are kind of big and tough. Even if you try to squeeze them, they won't go. So ya, I am also wondering whether I will need to do something else after the treatment. Hopefully they dont come back after tane if you get rid of them at a spa.

yes, as it starts to dry up your oil production, you will see less and less blackheads cause blackheads are formed from oil. When you first go on accutane, say like in the first month, you will start to notice your skin becoming a little itchy and less oily. Youre blackheads, whiteheads, and all the gunk that you have on your skin will make its way out and you will see this difference as little as the first month on accutane. I started out with a nose covered with blackheads (gross I know but when youre *so* oily you cannot keep them away) and by the time I was off accutane, my nose was like a babys! NO JOKE. Its great.