Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
claud

Done with facials...going on tane...

I'm getting accutane!!! yes, well not the real brand the generic one. Anywho, I was nervous and when we got there. My boyfriend had been so supportive. He spend for the doctor visit like 106 dollars. When we got there I sign in and fill out the paper work. I think the paperwork took like 30 mins. to fill out cause I had to read the information. Well, anyways, I finish the paperwork and I got called up. I got really nervous..my boyfriend was with me. I told him not to leave me alone. Cause' I really don't trust dermatologist....Anyways, when I got there the nurse ask me alot of question. I answer them truthfully. And she told me that the doctor was gonna be there with me soon. The nurse left and about 3 mins. or so Dr. Yun can in the door. When I saw her I was like wow...she's pretty and young. She told me to sit down and she took a good look at me. She check my face and my chest and back. She ask me how was my period. I've told her that I was on the pill 2 years ago. And I got off cause' I got medical problems. She was really nice actually. She didn't put me down or nothing. She ask me what I tried in the pass and I told her that everything! and nothing works. She ask me if my periods are regular? I said no...usually there unpredictable. She right away told me I had hormonal acne. She ask me if I'm planning to have kids. I said yes, but, in the future. So, when I was about to tell her what I wanted she actually read my mind. She said " I don't normaly do this to patients but, in your case is acceptable, I'm putting you on Accutane" I was like....shock...I mean she actually knew what she was talking about. Deep down inside of me I was going throug many emotions...  I started to cry...I just couldn't help it. I was so happy to get a good doctor. I though she was gonna put on antibiotics and creams. But, no...she said I was a good candidate of tane. I don't know what got over me. But, I cried of front of her. She told me "Everything was going to be okay" and she gave me a hug. I told her that she's too nice. She said I was nice too...Well, anyways I told her I can't afford the real accutane. My boyfriend ask her are there any generics type. She said "yeah, there's Amnesteem" We both said at the same time. She said that I knew the drug too. Anyways, to make the long story short I got all my paper work done. Now my mission is to get a blood test and yes, I'm back on the pill. Now I have to come up with the money... eusa_shifty.gif  My boyfriend told me that his gonna do everything as possible. He doesn't care how much it cost as long as my skin gets cure for sure. So, I'm lucky for that.

Wow...I guess I'm gonna be on tane...who would of thoug..

My treatment is 5 months....

I'm getting accutane!!! yes, well not the real brand the generic one. Anywho, I was nervous and when we got there. My boyfriend had been so supportive. He spend for the doctor visit like 106 dollars. When we got there I sign in and fill out the paper work. I think the paperwork took like 30 mins. to fill out cause I had to read the information. Well, anyways, I finish the paperwork and I got called up. I got really nervous..my boyfriend was with me. I told him not to leave me alone. Cause' I really don't trust dermatologist....Anyways, when I got there the nurse ask me alot of question. I answer them truthfully. And she told me that the doctor was gonna be there with me soon. The nurse left and about 3 mins. or so Dr. Yun can in the door. When I saw her I was like wow...she's pretty and young. She told me to sit down and she took a good look at me. She check my face and my chest and back. She ask me how was my period. I've told her that I was on the pill 2 years ago. And I got off cause' I got medical problems. She was really nice actually. She didn't put me down or nothing. She ask me what I tried in the pass and I told her that everything! and nothing works. She ask me if my periods are regular? I said no...usually there unpredictable. She right away told me I had hormonal acne. She ask me if I'm planning to have kids. I said yes, but, in the future. So, when I was about to tell her what I wanted she actually read my mind. She said " I don't normaly do this to patients but, in your case is acceptable, I'm putting you on Accutane" I was like....shock...I mean she actually knew what she was talking about. Deep down inside of me I was going throug many emotions...  I started to cry...I just couldn't help it. I was so happy to get a good doctor. I though she was gonna put on antibiotics and creams. But, no...she said I was a good candidate of tane. I don't know what got over me. But, I cried of front of her. She told me "Everything was going to be okay" and she gave me a hug. I told her that she's too nice. She said I was nice too...Well, anyways I told her I can't afford the real accutane. My boyfriend ask her are there any generics type. She said "yeah, there's Amnesteem" We both said at the same time. She said that I knew the drug too. Anyways, to make the long story short I got all my paper work done. Now my mission is to get a blood test and yes, I'm back on the pill. Now I have to come up with the money... eusa_shifty.gif  My boyfriend told me that his gonna do everything as possible. He doesn't care how much it cost as long as my skin gets cure for sure. So, I'm lucky for that.

Wow...I guess I'm gonna be on tane...who would of thoug..

My treatment is 5 months....

Good luck!! I'm glad you waited to make the decision until you were positive. I'll be reading your log to see how you're doing. Can't wait 'til we get to read the happy posts about how your skin is clearing. biggrin.gif

Well, yesterday I called the hospital to get an estimate of how much the blood tes is going to cost and here's the amount:

COMP METABOLIC PAN. =$65.00 dollars

LIPID PAN. = $67.25 dollars

CBC WITH AUTO DIFF. = $28.50 dollars

PREG. QUANT SRUM= $56.00 dollars

TOTAL PRICE = 216.75

JUST FOR THE BLOOD TEST...

(-_-)

CRAP>>>>T_T

But, I came to a conclusion. I applied for a job for babysitting. But, there's a catch I have to do house cleaning too and the mother of the baby has a tiny dog. I'm gonna work through monday through friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Taking care of the baby and clean her house. Basically take her roll...lol...One thing I didn't like how she sounded on the phone that the main priority was the house cleaning not her child. That really pissed me off. I've told her I would never leave her child alone. She said to put her in the play pen. While I do chores in the house. She told me at least do something around the house. She said her previous babysitter did too much with that amount of money. She was happy with her. I even wonder why she quit. But, oh well... When we were talking she ask me how much would I like to be paid I told 300 bucks. She sounded that it was too much for her. I asked how much would she willing to paid she said $150...crud..oh well...I guess I might have to work for that. It's money. I needed now......will see how everything goes. I just need to see her house. Anyways, I applied it for it and I think this way I could pay for my Accutane treatment and get finally cured. No matter what circumtances in the future might hold for me. I will be strong...and work hard for it. Wish me luck.

wOw, I didn't know blood tests cost that much money.

And I'm sorry to hear that your employer sounds like a real b*tch. I would be pissed too, if I was you. It's like getting a nanny and a 'maid' for the price of one, especially how she implied that she wanted you to concentrate more on housekeeping than actually looking after her child when she specifically hired you for that purpose! Good luck, and I hope you can settle for a better deal. Take care.

When you asked for 300 and she offered 150, you should of said you would do it for 200 or 225. Meet her halfway so to speak.

HOLY SHIT!!! Where exactly did you get this tariff from? And going to a hospital to get a blood test isn't such a good idea....go to a clinic or something...what about insurance? Shit....that's a fucking lot of money...even in America.

lol i just remembered...one time i had an MRI done on me..and the bill said $10,000, but my insurance paid all of it tongue.gif....this is typical in the USA; not everything that's medical costs 20000000000000000000K...although heart surgery will empty the bank at around 200K for every damaged artery.

When you asked for 300 and she offered 150, you should of said you would do it for 200 or 225. Meet her halfway so to speak.

Hi,

i was thinking about your situation about not being able get accutane. There are lots of online pharmacy in the world you don't have to buy the drugs in the USA. You can check prices in other countries without insurance in OZ is about $82 USA dollars. You just have to fax your script to them. You can do that at the post office in OZ. How much would it cost for insurance in the USA? In australia we are all born with it. That means going to the derm was about $50US.

see ya

i'm not claude, but insurance costs vary in the US...the price is higher with the range it covers and how sick or healthy you are. A generous amount ($120 USD per month?) will certaintly cover the neccessary...

BTW: I also forgot to mention, that insurance coverage factor will also vary depending on what you work on..and your environment...(ie: a Pathologist will find it hard to be insured since he/she is gradually exposed to diseases such as tetanus,hepatitis...etc.etc.; same thing for a racecar driver, he/she is always exposed to huge risks.)

claude, i know you're in a desperate situation right now but i just wanted to point out that working for that lady for $150 is WAY below minimum wage. If she paid you minimum wage ($5.15/hour) you would get $206 for your week of work. Take it if you want it but honestly you could get a lot more money for a lot less work somewhere else.

on a happier note, i hope everything works out for you and that you get on accutane and get wonderfully clear!

isnt minimum wage 6.75 or does it vary state-state ninja.gif unless youre not in us o-o

I think she said she was not legal so she doesn't really have much of a choice..I'm sure something will work out for you Claud..don't give up!

5 months of treatment on accutane!!

For the accutane of 10 miligrams.. total = $1083.72

Birthcontrol pills total = $155

Blood check and doctor appointments = $900

My whole treatment= 2138.72

sad.gif

that's only for 5 months of treatment...

When I did the calculations I cried...I got depress... cry.gif

theres gotta be a way that you can get that covered. does your family have insurance plan. if not you should apply for one and usually they can have cheap monthly payments. try blue cross blue shield.

theres gotta be a way that you can get that covered. does your family have insurance plan. if not you should apply for one and usually they can have cheap monthly payments. try blue cross blue shield.

hey claud.....how are ya?

im not saying this too upset you but your pics nearly made me cry. sad.gif ....not cause of you but because for once i felt like im not the only one.....they always go on about all teens get acne but its funny im the only one in our entire grade...but hopefully things are getting better for me too, i went to the doctor and im one a contreceptive pill (to balance my hormones) and differin...in conjuction they seem to be goin g well-ive only been on the pill for 2 days so far....but hopefully my skin clears up...the doctor says itll be a month an its gone.....but ive heard that before..

well cya...hope things go well an keep on posting

p.s anyone here used proactiv???DONT!!! ITS CRAP...AND ....EXPANSIVE eusa_wall.gif

Not really. my boyfriend just called me barely today and told him about it. He said he will try to do everything to pay for it. His even workin over time...

For the babysitter position. I tried calling to her. But, she's not home I left her a message I left my phone number and everything. Now I'm just waiting for her to call..

I'm not sure when If I'm gonna get the job or not. Will see... eusa_sick.gif