Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

This is my first post but I've been lurking on this forum since my bad acne breakout about 7 months ago. Right now, I'm on this skin regimen of only using cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. It's really helped out my skin alot - unfortunately I still breakout along my chin. I know that this is definitely hormonal related and it's worse especially during that time of the month. I would get these horrible underground bumps that are painful and inflamed. It's gotten alittle worse and I don't know what the cause is. Usually I would not do anything but let the red bump take it's course and eventually it would subside without leaving any red marks. But lately I'm been going through a horrible chin breakout so I decided to return to using BP. It helps alittle but I noticed that BP does leave a red mark and prolongs it. I don't want to have to resort to using BP again because it reddens and dries out my skin, but it's the only thing that keeps my chin acne at bay! It makes me so depress just knowing that my skin has to depend on it. I was wondering if there are any other solutions. I'm just looking for a spot treatment that would eliminate a pimple or cyst from forming before it gets any worse. I read on other posts that tea tree oil can help. I also purchased Queen Helene Mint Julep as a possible treatment to stop a pimple from forming and I bought Clearasil's Total Control Acne Crisis Clear up which had alot of good reviews on makeupalley and drugstore.com. Has anybody had any success with these products? I just don't want to use BP anymore. Please help cry.gif Any help will be greatly appreciated!

anyone?

Also, I've tried everything from Dan's BP regimen to just using dove sensitive soap. None of it worked. I found that just using a good skincare line can help you, however you have to be really patient and unfortunately I'm not a very patient person. Right now my skin is red with alot of red marks and small red bumps. Any help will be great!

If you want to take this advice take it and if you are reluctant, well.....I don't care.

In my opinion all skincare products are a load of racket. They do nothing but make you skin worse, what do you expect to happen? Get clear skin from a twelve dollar bottle of some soap? No way.

Just use cold water and spot treat with vinegar, also known as the "Jan Carlo regimen"

Well, maybe using a skincare line doesn't work for everybody but it's help controlled my acne. I never had perfect skin but that never really bothered me before until I started taking BCP. Before that I used to wash my face with a wet face cloth soaked in hot water and just spot treat any active pimples. But BCP caused a really bad side affect and I ended up having this horrible acne breakout. I was horrified. I broke out even more because of all that stress. I used to have a million tiny bumps on my forehead which never went away. I think they are called milia. But I noticed that cleansing, toning, and moisturizing has decreased all those tiny bumps significantly. I only have a few now and they are disappearing more and more everyday. I think my skin was really dehydrated and that dryness made my skin produce more oil. Even if you have combo/oil skin your skin can still be dehydrated. I'm not telling anyone to start spending their money on skincare products cause there are alot of crappy products out there that can make your acne worse. I'm just saying that what doesn't work for another might work for someone else. Right now I suffer from the time of the month acne so I was hoping for a spot treatment besides BP. I think I'll try tea tree oil to see if it helps. eusa_think.gif

I've adopted a pretty good skin care regime but still get the hormonal acne, myself. It's frustrating because I'm allergic to BP and even though I use tea tree oil, I'd much rather not have the pimple there to begin with.

Tea tree oil does dry the pimple up and I've seen it stop the progress of its formation. The only problem is the marks that are still there -- I have really, really pale skin that marks very, very easily. So my active pimple stops, but it takes an eternity for the bump/redness to go away.

You might want to check on the Diet forum of the website. There are herbal supplements that you can take to help balance hormones. I'm looking to go that route, myself. I'm currently on Burdock Root, which is primarily for de-toxing the liver, but also has so hormonal balancing properties. Since using it, I have noticed a slight decrease in my hormonal breakouts. I know there are more herbs/vitamins out there that are primarily for hormones and I'm going to try those in addition to my Burdock Root.

Thanks Guppylips! I think I just might try the herbal route. I know what you mean about not wanting to have a pimple in the first place. I never had the hormonal breakout before BCP but maybe it was because I was applying BP onto my face. But now I'm tryin' to be BP free. My skin's sensitive as well and before when I had my acne breakout I was using 10% BP gel. So now I still have these red marks after 6 months while the pimples that I've left alone have slowly faded. Where can I find herbal supplements NYC?