Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
knice

just got smoothbeam done...

i was hella nervous, they made me wait in the lobby and in the room way too long. its not that bad, the pain that is. i was like "shit this is gonna hurt" but he did a couple spots to see if i wanted to go thro with it and it didnt hurt one bit, just made me flich. but then when he got going some spots really hurt like i was getting my face tatted or someshit. especially by the eye, nose, and lips. doc hit my lip and that fuckin hurt!

but seriously, if anyone is doubting smoothbeam because of the pain, dont. its hoenstly not that bad, its just whatever. it shocks your nerves more than anything probably because youre thinking "damn this is gonna hurt" than it really doesnt. afterwards they rush in with this cream to cool down my face, i didnt even need it. they were makin a big deal about it but it didnt hurt too much. i was even holding a convo with the doc while i was flinching.

the doc says it takes a couple weeks to see results, so ill keep yall updated. also, yesterday the docs like "yah theres no side effects" but then today he said "it could scare worse". i honestly almost pulled out then because my skins not THAT BAD, not as bad as i make it out too be. thats the only result ive had so far was that realization. but being 21 and having to deal with this shit still is mad aggrivating. another thing that comferted me about this is that i noticed my derm has bad skin, like he breaks out sometimes. and the two nurses had scarring. except for the hotties up front doing their secretary thing, they had good skin.

aiight

chill...

It's discouraging when the people that work at the doc's office have bad skin, 'cause you gotta wonder if the procedures they perform work!!

hey knice,

im 20 turned 21 in a few months and my acne isnt too bad as well. But its bad enough for me to stress and worry about (especially when i am standing close to a girl trying to flirt with her). I have a complimentary smoothbeam treatment on the 6th. Its free because the derm is testing out the machine to see if she wants one or not. At first when i made the appointment my face cleared up due to new medication and i thot "gosh they wont even perform it on me if i go in looking like this" but lately i have had a few breakouts and i also have some shallow scarring and redness i would like to get rid of. So thanks for letting me know that it doesnt hurt too much, some others on here were complaining about the pain.

Any new results. I am thinking about gettng the smoohbeam done myself. It is going to cost 350 per treatment, they said i should get 4-6 treatments. I think im gonna try to get two done and then wait for winter and then maybe getting 3 more since it will be to be hard to stay out of the sun starting in about a month. Just keep us posted on how it is going

i just got smoothbeam for some red marks and a couple shallow scars i can see a difference in one treatment. i can't wait for the next

Hey I was wondering you said you can see a difference which is great, but did they say anything about there "possibly" being any bad side effects like making scars worse or is smoothbeam pretty safe?

i think smootbeam is the safest of all the laser out there right now. my doc said that there is always a chance of creating new scars since you are using a laser on your face. but they said that they have had the smoothbeam for around three months and have been using the cooltouch for the last three years. they say they have done the procedure thousands of times and never had one time where either of the lasers have caused more scars. this is just what they told me. i hope they were telling the truth cause im getting it done on friday.