Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cybolt

TCA Cross, My Experiences!

Thanks to the help of the people on these forums i have started using tca cross (after reading all the documents may i add!) And am going to use this thread to list my experiences as i go along. (If this is a problem, feel free to tell me moderators!)

Today I did a tca cross spot test on an old scar on my leg (boxscar) just to make sure i knew what to expect! I followed the guidelines exactly and it frosted up as described.

I dipped the toothpick (which i filed to an easier size due to the size of the scar) several times in the tca. Due to the nature of the boxscar i covered the inside of the scar with a reasonable amount of presure nsuring that none went of the outside of the scar.

I'd take pictures, but my camera makes it hard to see due to the frosting. I will post another update on saturday when i perform the facial tca cross this upcoming saturday:) I will post pictures as well!

Thhat's great cybolt!!! eusa_dance.gif can't wait to hear and see your update!!! are you going to be doing it on your face too?

anyway, keep us updated!! biggrin.gif

Yeah i have some larger chickenpox style scars on my face and i am going t d that on saturday (i have already taken before pictures. The spot test i have done was just to know what to expect smile.gif

I will update with more pictures:)

Great! I'm thinking of getting TCA cross done on myself, after uni is closed for the summer! biggrin.gif Can't wait to see the pics!

HEllo everyone

I did 50% T.C.A cross on 2 ice pick scars on my face 2 DAYS AGO. This is my first time.

They frosted and everything seemed normal and im expecting the scars to form soon but as far as I know sometimes they dont. ( Thats what Richard from Loganwood Skincare told me).

If these 2 go good then I will continue with the rest of my face. And I do have a digital camera so there will be pics at least for now.

^^^

sweet! i read somewhere that yuo're from vancovuer? I live in vancouver too!!

Could I ask you how much the TCA was? you could PM if you want! biggrin.gif do you have a lot of scars on your face?

I have a LOT! But I really wanna try TCA cross, especially with all these ppl trying it out right now on this board...and the results are pretty amazing!!

will you be posting your pics in the gallery?

Sorry for all these questions! redface.gif

^^^

sweet! i read somewhere that yuo're from vancovuer? I live in vancouver too!!

Could I ask you how much the TCA was? you could PM if you want!  biggrin.gif do you have a lot of scars on your face?

I have a LOT! But I really wanna try TCA cross, especially with all these ppl trying it out right now on this board...and the results are pretty amazing!!

will you be posting your pics in the gallery?

Sorry for all these questions!  redface.gif

hi there! yes, they would make a lot of money if they performed TCA cross.

Sadly, I find vancouver extremely lacking in good scar treatments. I've even gone to plactic surgery websites (all which are the EXACT same...not only design wise, but information wise. i'm sure they ALL got the same person to design the website for them..... rolleyes.gif seriously, google it and you'll see what I mean. )

well, they do not have anything besides the normal fillers and things like obagi (sp?)...NO subcision, punch floats, punch excision, etc etc...and definitely not TCA cross. I don't even think they KNOW what those things are...I even wrote to two, emailed them and asked them specifically, but they said they don't do them.

the one place that every doc recommends, Arbutus Laser Center, is CRAP too.

the only "new" thing they have is smoothbeam.... rolleyes.gif they claim "we are the first facility in western canada that provides this service"..... eusa_doh.gif je-sus. if they think that's new...

yeah, so you get my picture. vancouver is living in the middle ages when it comes to scar treatments. It's really frustrating really.

But hey, I'm sure the TCA will work for you. eusa_pray.gif Definitely keep us updated! biggrin.gif

I got back from the show early, and have just done my facial tca cross. Got a lot more frosting than i did on my legs (although no redness yet....)

I shall take some pictures in the morningto show how it has changed since the first pictures smile.gif I was intending to take some with the frosting.... but it went while my camera decided to not work!

Interesting... on my test the scar went red after the frosting went away. But on my facial scars they haven't! (Although they do look a bit deeper.

Then again it has only been about 12 hours.... I'll give it a bit more time smile.gif

[attachmentid=827]

before cross (sorry about image resolution)

[attachmentid=828]

12 hours after frosting (note lack of redness, top scar appears deeper)

post-21129-1112342139_thumb.jpg

post-21129-1112342194_thumb.jpg

post-21129-1112342139_thumb.jpg

post-21129-1112342194_thumb.jpg

On the test i did on my leg, it appears to already be rising.... Moreso in the areas where i pressed harder. I think you must have been pretty unlucky, as a large amount of people (not to mention the test groups) have had a pretty good amount of improvement.

heyyy! thanks for putting up the pics! biggrin.gif

hmm, you're right about the top one looking a little deeper....... eusa_think.gif

but I'm sure it'll be fine after it scabs over. I haven't really read thaaaat much on the procedures and aftereffects of doing TCA CROSS, but maybe that's supposed to happen? I really wish you all the best!! Do keep us updated!! eusa_angel.gif

Crushcurve, that really sux about your scars....did you do them yourself? I'm sorr to hear that....yeah that's one of the reasons why i'm so scared about doing it myself...this TCA is strong shit!

Nazzy, thanks a lot for you PM about the TCA btw. I'm gonna have to order from them....how're your scars looking?

Yeah according to most peoples reports, it looks deeper before it gets better:) It is all part of the process. Just waiting for it to scab over now! My test one has gradually got darker over the 5 days so far and HAS scabbed over. It looks better than it did before so hopefully this should do a similar thing:) (Was MUCH more frosting on my face)

cybolt, I did my TCA CROSS with 50% yesterday afternoon, they did frost a little after i was done sticking the toothpick in the icepicks that i have, then i waited a little and put antibiotic cream on it, they looked a little deeper, but no redness or anything, i woke up this mornning and washed my face...still the same, I hope they do start scabbing over soon too, I am feeling a little bit discouraged, also I am starting to think maybe i didn't soak up the toothpicks with enough TCA.

Still I know the toothpick went in further into the icepick so i guess it must've done something... I will wait and see since this is only day 2 . I guess we are in the same boat here. sad.gif

CRUSH,

How long ago has it been since your treatment?...i don't understand why tca has not worked for u or that it has only created deeper scars...what % did u use?

Yeah charmed one, it sounds like the same scenario to me as well.... I know my leg gradually got redder. Maybe that is what is happening here. Anyone else had this experience?

hey CYBOLT & THE CHARMED ONE

I did 50% TCA cross about 5 days ago and the exact same thing happened to me, but on the 3rd day scabs started forming and now it looks like the ice pick scars are filling in.

So dont worry thats supposed to happen, I called Richard from lognwood skincare and he said some ppl dont even scab that much.

MY SCARS LOOKED DEEPER TO

heyyy! thanks for putting up the pics!  biggrin.gif

hmm, you're right about the top one looking a little deeper....... eusa_think.gif

but I'm sure it'll be fine after it scabs over. I haven't really read thaaaat much on the procedures and aftereffects of doing TCA CROSS, but maybe that's supposed to happen? I really wish you all the best!! Do keep us updated!!  eusa_angel.gif

Crushcurve, that really sux about your scars....did you do them yourself? I'm sorr to hear that....yeah that's one of the reasons why i'm so scared about doing it myself...this TCA is strong shit!

Nazzy, thanks a lot for you PM about the TCA btw. I'm gonna have to order from them....how're your scars looking?

Thanks for that reply! Despite reading posts before saying about the length of time it take for the scabs to appear, not having any immediate redness makes worrying an easy thing to do. I will next post pictures when scabs have formed smile.gif

Thanks again! I cant thank everyone on here enough for how helpful and supportive you have all been smile.gif

hey CYBOLT & THE CHARMED ONE

I did 50% TCA cross about 5 days ago and the exact same thing happened to me, but on the 3rd day scabs started forming and now it looks like the ice pick scars are filling in.

So dont worry thats supposed to happen, I called Richard from lognwood skincare and he said some ppl dont even scab that much.

MY SCARS LOOKED DEEPER TO

I used 50% on my holes, its been already 3 wks after and it just looks worst. i tried to apply it to a lil pore i had also and it just scared it worse. I did everything the paper told me and i read on these boards for quite some time and i dont know what happened. im scared to do it again it just might get worst. i would'nt recommend anyone doing this.

Crush,

How long would u say u pressed onto the scar?...on all of mine i pressed hard without punchuring of course, for about 8 seconds long....oh and that scarred pore i crossed, does have a tiny scar in it...i didnt' think it would as it only frosted for a tiny while and it's like my skin absorbed it or something... cool.gif

um didnt press to rough was scared about scarring. but wow i dont know. im think about just taking a q-tip dipping it in 50% and just rub it around an area that has the scars all together.. what u think?

From my understanding, by not pressing that hard, u will get a lighter peel...i say go for it if your not sure and take it from there.....but u may get better results by pressing hard on the centre of the scar for 8 seconds....i have pressed hard to the point just before i think it will puncture....so it may feel a bit like getting a needle.