Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Steven Hung

Dermabrasion with Dr. Y

According to my Street Pilot GPS, after being on the road for 23.5 hours with 2.5 hours of sleep at a rest area in VA I made it from Brooklyn to Best Western Avalon Hotel in New Orleans early yesterday afternoon. The room is large and clean. There is even a microwave oven and a refrigerator. The added bonus is the high speed internet access from my room. After sleeping for 10 hours I feel refresh and ready for my dermabrasion at 3:00 PM. I need to pickup some Colgate shaving cream and a tub of vasoline. Are there any supermarket in New Orleans? There are two Walgreens in the area. But I want to buy some fruits and pre-wash salads.

I have never been to New Orleans, Im sure someone here, can help you with your questions...I just wanted to wish you.. the Best of Luck with your Dermabrasion!!! biggrin.gif

Ha...I found what I was looking for in the Hotel Guest Directory. With the Street Pilot GPS I found two supermarkets within 1.5 miles from the hotel. There is several cineplex around this area as well.

Best of luck Steven. I just had my dermabrasion done on March 15th which will be two weeks tomorrow. I stayed at the Clarion Grand Boutique. Which was very nice. I also had my mom and sister with me. I flew home on that Friday the 18th which was kind of the pits, but I made it. The procedure went very smooth and like everyone has said Dr. Y and Cassandra our angels. I wish you the best.

K9lover

Steven,

Are you staying at Best Western Avalon Six Flags?

I found this in yellowpages.com there is a supermarket nearby:

READ SUPERMARKET

7045 READ BLVD, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70127

Phone: (504) 244-0741

Here is the Map:

Click Here

I am sure all went well and you must be sleeping like a log now biggrin.gif

Take care,

Sword

According to my Street Pilot GPS, after being on the road for 23.5 hours with 2.5 hours of sleep at a rest area in VA I made it from Brooklyn to Best Western Avalon Hotel in New Orleans early yesterday afternoon. The room is large and clean. There is even a microwave oven and a refrigerator. The added bonus is the high speed internet access from my room. After sleeping for 10 hours I feel refresh and ready for my dermabrasion at 3:00 PM. I need to pickup some Colgate shaving cream and a tub of vasoline. Are there any supermarket in New Orleans? There are two Walgreens in the area. But I want to buy some fruits and pre-wash salads.

The dermabrasion went pretty well. My face is swollen and red as a tomatoe. It feels like lot and lot of fire ants biting my face. This morning I am a bit on edge and cranky from post surgery. Sleeping is a pain because you couldn't get into a comfortable position. My 6 foot frame is sore and tire from head to toe. The two shots that Casandra gave me last night still left me a little sore. The affect from the two shot is still a bit apparent this morning. My friends would not be able to recognize me. Last night Casandra drove me to my hotel after surgery because everybody worry about me getting back to the hotel in one piece. Casandra said it was on her way home anyway. I am eating soup, potatoe chip, apple sauce, banana with a toddler spoon that I brought from the Walmart Superstore in New Orleans. There won't be too much running aroud for me except to and from the doctor office OK...I have do laundry tomorrow. I am sorry if I am not too coherent.

Yesterday post surgery I had a run in with a hotel guess. He insistently asked what happend. I told I got into a motorcyle accident and is going to facial reconstructive surgery. He look me sadly in the eye and told be to becareful. I should have ask him to donate a buck to save my face fund.

I have been sleeping on and off since the bandage and dressing change at Dr Y office this morning. My right eye is swollen very badly making it difficult to see. There are quite a bit of new skin growth on my fore head, on my chin and on my left check. My right cheek where there is lot of scars is taking a bit time.

Sword I don't see how you can go and eat. The surgery makes me feel exhausted. I don't want to go anyway except still in my hotel room and sleep. I am running out Progresso soup and dying for a piece of good steak.

Good luck to you Steven and thanks for updating on your progress. It will get better every day so hang in there! You are going through the worst part right now.

I don't know if this is normal. But I got the chills this morning after I got back to the hotel. Even though I cranked up the heat and put a blank on I still felt cold. After taking several Tylenol I felt asleep and woke up 4 hours later and the chills was gone.

Steven,

I just found an online grocery store in New Orleans. Check this out.

I think your body is working very hard to repair the trauma, that's why you feel weak. I felt weak too the day after the procedure, although I did not get the chill. If you develop a fever, call Cassandra.

I got a lot of stares when I run around with the mask on too, don't let that stop you from shopping for what you need, or going out for a walk or fresh air.

I know its hard when you are all bandaged up, on your own, and in an unfamiliar place. Just remember we are here if you need support, okay? 2 more dressing change and you will be bandage free, so hang in there buddy.

Take care,

Sword

P.S. Remember to order drinking water if you haven't stocked up yet!

P.P.S. If you want order out, these restaurants are in your area:

This morning I feel so much stronger compare to yesterday. I slept most of yesterday. Both my eyes are not as swollen as yesterday. I was oozing a lot last night than the night before. My shirt was well when I woke up this morning. The towel the I used to wrap around my neck is damp as well. I have been drinking a lot of fluids, orange juice, apple juice and freshly squeezed lemonade that I made. Yeah I brought a small chopping board and a kitchen knife at Walmart. I figure that vitamin C from the lemon juice is better than a pill. There is also a pineapple waiting to be cut up.

I am not going to stay in the hotel today. After my dressing change at Dr Y office I am going to do laundry, grab some lunch, catch a horrid movie and food shopping. I am not up to eating out and have people stare at me.

Hi Steven,

Best of luck with healing after the surgery! I remember past dermabrasion patients mentioned needing a lot of rest and sleep during the first few days, so rest up well so that your body is able to heal better.

Also make sure you do some walking so that the swelling will go down faster (possibly related to blood circulation and reducing fluid retention).

Take care! I'm having my dermabrasion on May 2nd so please keep us updated on your progress.

Hello. I am new to this forum, and actually, the way i found it was by google searching "exoderm Louisiana." I am from Louisiana and want to find a doctor to help out with my acne scars. Is this Doctor Y the guy for me?

I live in Lafayette, just 2 hours from the "Big Easy" aka New Orleans. Ohhh, I hope I've found a good doc. Let me know what treatments he offers and what y'all think are the best ones.

Good luck with the dermabrasion recovery. I had no idea that microdermabrasion was that "big" of a procedure!! The body heals itself most while it's sleeping, so sleep sleep sleep!

thanks and take care

Bri eusa_pray.gif

ps: it's a shame you can't get to all the fab restuarants while you are there

how long is recovery?

Hi Bri,

I have had two dermabrasions with Doctor Y --- coming from Sydney Australia. In my opinion he is the best and your so very lucky to have him so close.

Now then on to more important matters - In terms of the Restaurants there - they are the best! I went to Port of Call, Voodoo BBQ, Vincents, Gabrielles, Manelli's Ruths Chris & Copelands Cheescake Grill. I put on about five kilos there!!! It is like it is impossible to get a bad meal in that City. If I lived there I would pile on the kilo's in no time! It sure is a great place.

PS Steven it is tough now but in three -fours months you won't even remember all this.

I could never image how tough dermabrasion is on the body. Dermabrasion exert lot of pain and stress on the body. Actually it not the dermabrasion that is difficult. It is the initial healing process and anxiety of good result after dermabrasion that is difficult. The pain and the anticipation of pain from the dressing change in the morning is dreadful for me. I didn't know my face has that many nerve ending. The lymph nodes by the base of my jaw are swollen. My body is dehydrated all the time. I don't have much of an appetite but I know I need to eat in order for my body to repair itself. Soups, rice, fruits and nuts just doesn't cut for me. I brought a piece of Hormel 1 lb Beef Roast Au Jus from Walmart this morning. It took over a hours to finish half of it. I found rice is really hard to eat with a children spoon. Pork, chicken and beef cutted in chewable bite size are the best. This experience is the worst compare to the time when I broke my angle and fractured my collar while snowboarding.

BTW I did get to eat at my favorite restaurant, ACME Oyster House just before my dermabrasion.

Steven,

I went through the same pain and dehydration too, but I did not eat as well as you do LOL. Beef Roast Au Jus, YUM! You will feel better in a few days.

So you are driving back to NYC on day 4? The tricky part would be driving with the paper mask on. Maybe making eye holes bigger will help.

Take care,

Sword

Hey Steven,

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck and support during the healing process! You have some great people here and there looking after you. Take Care!

Cubs

I am leaving sometime tomorrow morning. My friend is dog sitting for me in my house. I am getting a bit home sick already. This morning I feel much strong compare to yesterday. There isn't any itching pain from the Vigilon dressing. The itching pain from a fresh Vigilon dressing is the worst torture. Three Vigilon dressings are more than I can endure for a life time. The vigilon dressing mask always shift when I wake in the morning. I twist and turn a bit when I sleep. The changes in my sleeping position effect which eye gets to be swollen in the morning. Yesterday morning it was my left eye that was swollen. This morning it is my right eye that is swollen. The swelling usually disappear by late afternoon after I have been on my feet for a while. I am a lot less cranky this morning.

BTW I was tire of eating Progresso soup, almonds, banana and apple sauce. There are two cans of Progresso soup sitting on top of the microwave. I really want a good piece of steak. Sword if you are ever in NYC I will treat you to a piece of steak at any steak house you want.

Steven,

Glad to know you are doing great. I hated the dressing too, my ears got really tired of the bandage. But hey, you are almost done!!

On the day I left, I had to throw away soups and bread I didn't finish too. When I got home I cooked and ate everything I found in the fridge.

Thanks for offering the steak biggrin.gif! If you visit Toronto let me know so I can treat you to dinner too!

Take care on the road,

Sword

Today is the first day I am without the bandages. It freak out other drivers when they see me. I almost waved to a little boy in a SUV but didn't want to tramatize him. Since this morning at Dr Y office, I have cleaned and applied a new layer of vaseline in my hotel room. After several hours I notice my face begins look like pizza. Is that normal?

Sandra told me she had a very tough time clean the viglion off my face. There is still quite a bit on my clean. When I cleaned at my hotel room this afternoon some of it came off. I will cleaned and reapply another layer before bed time.

Steven,

I freaked out everyone at the airport when I took off my mask too. At custom the officer asked where I contracted this "condition" eusa_shifty.gif.

It is normal for your face to look and feel raw, areas that heal faster becomes a whitish pink, while areas lagging behind are still red / dark red. portlandboy's account of the initial healing phase makes good reading.

dead skin / scabs will fall off when they ready, don't pick. It is important to keep the skin moist at this point, be generous with the vaseline.

Cheers,

Sword

Hey Steven,

Continued good luck with the healing process. I was just wondering what kind of scarring did you have? Thanks!