Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alliask

Lactic Acid Peel made my skin WORSE!!!

i ordered a 55% lactic acid peel kit from makeupartistschoice about 2 weeks ago, and ever since i did the peel, my face had been breaking out like mad!!! i got zits in areas in which i was ACNE RESISTANT. that's right, i used to not have any zits outside of my t-zone. i could pick and rub it and probably slather oil on it and i wouldn't break out. funny enough, after i did the lactic acid peel, i got little zits on my outer cheeks. they're not horrendous zits, but still... my face looks a bump now under certain lights.

this led me to the conclusion the RAPID EXFOLIATION causes clogged pores and zits. i think when the skin sheds so fast, it becomes irritated and sometimes the little bumps that form are like allergy bumps. at other times, your skin hardens when you use chemicals on it, and since your pores can't breathe underneath the hardened layer of skin, sebum gets trapped and comedones form. that's what i've gathered from my experience. SO, i'm gonna stop using harsh exfoliants on my skin altogether, because they seem to contribute to acne.

i'm afraid to use lactic acid now... i watsed my money on the kit. maybe i'll try it on my back, but with caution!

in addition to areas outside of my t zone breaking out, ive been breaking out a lot more in general. my forehead, which is one of my problem areas, has 3 times more acne now. i also did not notice ANY improvement in my skin whatsoever. if anything, i look even blotchier, not only because of the zits. red marks seems to have gotten darker!!!

WHAT THE HELL!!! has anyone here been through the same??

i experienced the same sort of thing with the 40% lactic peel--i broke out on my forehead, where i haven't had one spot in years. i'm trying to convince myself that it's an initial breakout, the proverbial dark before dawn sort of thing. i have noticed, however, that the red marks on my cheeks have improved somewhat, and that my face has a nice glow to it, so i will continue with it.....hopefully there's no more gunk that needs to come to the surface!

i ordered a 55% lactic acid peel kit from makeupartistschoice about 2 weeks ago, and ever since i did the peel, my face had been breaking out like mad!!!  i got zits in areas in which i was ACNE RESISTANT.  that's right, i used to not have any zits outside of my t-zone.  i could pick and rub it and probably slather oil on it and i wouldn't break out.  funny enough, after i did the lactic acid peel, i got little zits on my outer cheeks.  they're not horrendous zits, but still... my face looks a bump now under certain lights.

this led me to the conclusion the RAPID EXFOLIATION causes clogged pores and zits.  i think when the skin sheds so fast, it becomes irritated and sometimes the little bumps that form are like allergy bumps. at other times, your skin hardens when you use chemicals on it, and since your pores can't breathe underneath the hardened layer of skin, sebum gets trapped and comedones form.  that's what i've gathered from my experience.  SO, i'm gonna stop using harsh exfoliants on maltogether, because they seem to contribute to acne.

i'm afraid to use lactic acid now... i watsed my money on the kit.  maybe i'll try it on my back, but with caution!

in addition to areas outside of my t zone breaking out, ive been breaking out a lot more in general.  my forehead, which is one of my problem areas, has 3 times more acne now.  i also did not notice ANY improvement in my skin whatsoever.  if anything, i look even blotchier, not only because of the zits.  red marks seems to have gotten darker!!!

WHAT THE HELL!!!  has anyone here been through the same??

javascript:emoticon(';)')

smilie

I went through it with the tca peel, i started to see white heads that were popping up then turning into hurtful zits. yea those whiteheads turn into zits that hurt.

i had the same experience also - apparently this is the effect of the acid bringing out the impurities in the skin...initial reaction which can last a couple of weeks int he first 2-3 times u use it, depending on the amount of impurities in the skin - after that the skin wil luk much better...

but i have only done one peel myself yet...has any1 noticed there skin getting better aftr the frst few timeS? doubt.gif

I did a lactic peel of sorts I put powdered milk mixed with water on my face and let it dry then I washed it off. after a couple of times doing that my forehead totaly exploded in zits! from one end to the other. So glad I have bangs to help cover!! And they have been there for about 3 weeks. going down ever so slowly.

this is what i think: salicylic, glycolic, and lactic exfoliate, meaning they get rid of old, dead skin cells, while encouraging the renewal of new, young ones. so, they encourage new skin cells to flow through the pore to the surface. i think if the pore is clogged - cells are within the pore, (they are blocking the new ones from getting to the surface) and there are also cells on the suface that are not flaking off the skin at a fast enough rate, the new young cells just mix with all the old ones. so yes, i believe a strong exfoliating peel can cause a bad breakout. weirdly enough, i think it's more prone to happening in the areas where you were previously acne free, because those areas were sloughing off at a normal rate, and now you've just accelerated everything. also, if these products irritate you, they are causing some kind of inflammation, which is means your skin is getting somewhat damaged, which means more pimples! so, i think maybe the way to go is to get a bromelain/papain mask - they digest old, dead skin cells on the surface while leaving living, healthy tissue alone, and internal vitamin a, because that's the only thing that will regulate pore clogging. i'm looking for a pore purifier that doesn't encourage new cells, one that just cleans the pores of gunk.any suggestions?