Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whyme?

Plenitas

anyone ever hear of this? It is supposedly medical/surgery in Argentina designed for europeans and americans at a fraction of the cost including hotel and bilingual assistant...Exoderm with all those other expenses only runs 2000 dollars supposedly...anyone have anymore info on this?

Cosmetic surgery overseas is gaining popularity mainly due to cheaper prices but the potential downside outweigh the benefits in my view. I had Ilizarov surgery in the public hospital system of my own country to correct a congenital deformity of my legs but many of my compatriots who are seeking Ilizarov surgery for purely cosmetic reasons to increase their height are going to places like China and Eastern Europe because they cant get it done here or cant afford the cost. Legal redress in a foreign country or the questionable adequacy of long distance treatment should the surgery go wrong are a worry.

Well you wouldnt get 10cm increase for a start, most adults would average 5cm's or 2 inches increase in height because whilst bone can be infinitely lengthened, soft tissues like muscle, ligaments and tendons cant. You could theoretically double the 5cm (2inch) height increase to 10cm (4inch) by doing osteotomies on both the tibia and femur or doing a double osteotomy on either tibia or femur but no surgeon in the western world would do this without an extraordinary medical reason or you paid them an extraordinarily large amount of money.  Children can get greater height increases than adults because their soft tissues are more pliable. The procedure is extremely painful for a few months of the acute phase during which you are confined to a wheelchair and then crutches which lessens over time but would require several months of wearing metal Ilizarov fixators on your legs which makes normal activities like sleeping difficult.

anyone ever hear of this? It is supposedly medical/surgery in Argentina designed for europeans and americans at a fraction of the cost including hotel and bilingual assistant...Exoderm with all those other expenses only runs 2000 dollars supposedly...anyone have anymore info on this?

Yes its extreme surgery but there are lots of westerners and asians having this surgery done in Russia, China and Eastern Europe where special clinics with questionable ethics are making a nice profit catering to the demand whereas western doctors usually wont do the surgery for cosmetic reasons alone unless there is a corresponding medical reason.

Hi amigabady...can you give me the email address of the person you contacted...the plenitas site seems to be down...thanks