Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I noticed some people on the board have used salt water to clear up their acne, and i also notice whenever i go to the beach that my acne either halts or heals a bit. I was wondering, if its the salt water doing this, can i use salt water with my cleanser? or should i use only salt water alone and ditch my cleanser?

ive just started using salt in my shower to gently scrub my face and i leave it on until im ready to rinse it off.

i just leave it in a little baggie by itself and dont add it to cleansers or anything. i guess a baggie isnt that scientific but it works for me! eusa_dance.gif

but i guess its to early to tell but im optimistic.

hey hollister, what kind of salt do you use? im not sure if table salt will work, so im gonna go around and look for some sea salt. so when you scrub your face (gently i presume) you leave it on for a while then wash it off in the shower?

yeah i hope it works, i really do notice whenever i hit the beaches that they heal smile.gif so if i can take the salt water to my home...im hoping it will work.

btw, can anybody explain WHY or HOW salt water itself heals acne?

hey hollister, what kind of salt do you use? im not sure if table salt will work, so im gonna go around and look for some sea salt. so when you scrub your face (gently i presume) you leave it on for a while then wash it off in the shower?

yeah i hope it works, i really do notice whenever i hit the beaches that they heal  smile.gif so if i can take the salt water to my home...im hoping it will work.

btw, can anybody explain WHY or HOW salt water itself heals acne?

Guest Anubis

Ok ...I have tried salt as a scrub. Sea salt from the grocery..NOT iodized(iodine=no no for acne) It DID leave my skin baby butt smooth but if left on too long or rubbed to hard it can be harsh. It probably has anitseptic qualites that help keep the skin clear. Adding some to your rinse water may offer some help, I don't know.

i was thinking of spraying on some salt-water solution (epsom salt) while in the shower every morning till it crystalizes, shouldnt be that long i guess...just like if you get out of the beach after a swim, your face gets hard immedaitely. has anyone tried this? im hoping it will clean the skin every morning

Salt draws out infections. This is why docs will have you soak in salts if you have any type of minor surgeries (for example, on your feet or hands). It keeps things from getting infected by drawing impurities to the surface.

So...I am not a doctor, but I think you can logically apply this principle to your acne. If you apply salt, you are drawing the acne causing bacteria (p. acnes) to the surface and washing it away. Also, I would assume the drying effect of salt would help to dry up any active spots you may have.

I have heard of using non-iodized sea salt or epsom salt as a scrub for acne treatment/prevention. While I have never done this, others have had success. My only advice would be to not scrub too hard or leave it on too long...you don't want to irritate your skin.

i just used table salt and im not sure if it would help but i kinda got away from all of this very recently and kinda went to just a gentle cleanser and green tea toner...so i dunno if ill be doing this for awhile but why isnt iodized salt for the face anubis...is iodized salt the same as table salt? i knew i should have used sea salt mad.gif

Salt draws out infections.  This is why docs will have you soak in salts if you have any type of minor surgeries (for example, on your feet or hands).  It keeps things from getting infected by drawing impurities to the surface.

So...I am not a doctor, but I think you can logically apply this principle to your acne.  If you apply salt, you are drawing the acne causing bacteria (p. acnes) to the surface and washing it away.  Also, I would assume the drying effect of salt would help to dry up any active spots you may have.

I have heard of using non-iodized sea salt or epsom salt as a scrub for acne treatment/prevention.  While I have never done this, others have had success.  My only advice would be to not scrub too hard or leave it on too long...you don't want to irritate your skin.

I noticed some people on the board have used salt water to clear up their acne, and i also notice whenever i go to the beach that my acne either halts or heals a bit. I was wondering, if its the salt water doing this, can i use salt water with my cleanser? or should i use only salt water alone and ditch my cleanser?

I have found the best salt treatment for my acne! Oil Free Face Polish made by Trillium Organics cleared up my face and shoulders without making my skin to dry and it is free of potentially hazardous ingerdients! I love this stuff! You have to try it!