Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I hear people talking about it, I hear that it's well.. good for your acne but that's it.

could someone tell me what they know about it? some things I want to know is: how does it help acne? does it kill of the bad bacteria that can cause acne? stop them from multiplying? unclog pores? and also do they reproduce as fast as bad bacteria?

I hear people talking about it, I hear that it's well.. good for your acne but that's it.

could someone tell me what they know about it? some things I want to know is: how does it help acne? does it kill of the bad bacteria that can cause acne? stop them from multiplying? unclog pores? and also do they reproduce as fast as bad bacteria?

I took antibiotics for so many years. Antibiotics are harmful because they cant distiguish between the good and bad bacteria in your system. Good bacteria, like the ones found in yogurt, are important for your overall health because they aid in digestion, absorbtion, the immune system, protection against harmful baceria/fungi, maintaining pH, and etc. I ate yogurt for about 2 months, but I stopped because the high fructose corn syrup was affecting me. Some good sites on probiotics and acne:

http://www.whfarmacy.com/h4.htm

http://www.natren.com/pages/acne.asp

Well, it's called Probiotics. It's not a good thing to have bad bacteria in your system. For example, taking antibiotics will increase bad bacteria and kill off the good ones. I'm sure after awhile, the bad bacteria can affect your health like giving you more colds and stuff. It may have a role with acne, especially if your on antibiotics. I started taking Acidophilus capsules. This is the most common type of good bacteria. You can find it in a health store. I started taking it because I just stopped taking minocycline. Maybe it may help, but I'm never taking antibiotics again unless my life depended on it.

Well, it's called Probiotics. It's not a good thing to have bad bacteria in your system. For example, taking antibiotics will increase bad bacteria and kill off the good ones. I'm sure after awhile, the bad bacteria can affect your health like giving you more colds and stuff. It may have a role with acne, especially if your on antibiotics. I started taking Acidophilus capsules. This is the most common type of good bacteria. You can find it in a health store. I started taking it because I just stopped taking minocycline. Maybe it may help, but I'm never taking antibiotics again unless my life depended on it.

ooo so these good bacteria aren't on your skin? I thought they were, but your saying their inside your body, in your digestive tract. well in that case would it be alright to use topical antibiotics which you only apply to your skin, and thus shouldn't affect the good bacteria inside your body?

^^Do you mean like antibacteria soaps? I use dial soap, it has an antibacteria ingrediet...not sure what it is specifically. No, I dont think theres harm in that. But then .....there is a risk of resistance so maybe in that way, it could be harmful by allowing the strongest bacteria to thrive and multiply. I havent had that problem yet.

^^Do you mean like antibacteria soaps?  I use dial soap, it has an antibacteria ingrediet...not sure what it is specifically. No, I dont think theres harm in that.  But then .....there is a risk of resistance so maybe in that way, it could be harmful by allowing the strongest bacteria to thrive and multiply.  I havent had that problem yet.

it's just a thin layer once or twice a day, not like its all got a ticket first class to the good bacteria, but thx for all the replies i think I undersyand it better now. what yogurt would you recomend without high fructose corn syrup?