Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
a529612

What works for mild uneven skin and icepick scars?

My face is now clear but the skin is a bit uneven and with some minor icepick scars here and there after 15 years or so of mild to moderate acne (occasional cystic). My derm said nothing will work. She said if money is buring in my pocket, I can see a plastic surgeon and try collagen injection but she's not impressed and wouldn't recommend it. Any suggestions? Is there anything I can try at home to smooth out my cheeks? FYI, I'm using Taz and aspirin mask. They make my skin a bit smoother but I want more. I also tried microderm but the effect is not permanent. Thanks!

Collagen injections are temporary.

For uneven skin tone you might look into a series of Lactic Acid peels. Please research before attempting any at home peels. However, I would suggest doing it when you've been off Taz for a while, otherwise you could burn yourself.

For icepick scarring, the best treatment is TCA CROSS. There is a lot of information on this site about the procedure. I recommend you read the info that is in the FAQ as well as the links that are listed in the FAQ. It's not something to take lightly.

lactic acid peels have been doing wonders for my skin! i used to have moderate to heavy acne with moderate scarring, but after about 5 lactic acid peels over the last year and half, my skin has really cleared up. i'm still never completely clear, but my skin tone is much nicer and my scars look very minor now. smile.gif

(you can check my gallery "PCA peels" to see progress with my latest peel)

My face is now clear but the skin is a bit uneven and with some minor icepick scars here and there after 15 years or so of mild to moderate acne (occasional cystic).  My derm said nothing will work.  She said if money is buring in my pocket, I can see a plastic surgeon and try collagen injection but she's not impressed and wouldn't recommend it.  Any suggestions?  Is there anything I can try at home to smooth out my cheeks?  FYI, I'm using Taz and aspirin mask.  They make my skin a bit smoother but I want more.  I also tried microderm but the effect is not permanent.  Thanks!

While mild peels and cosmetics (I like vitamin C topicals a lot) are of help, you American people eat crap instead of healthy food. A healthy diet is important.

That is a gross overgeneralisation.

I am mostly vegetarian and eat a very good diet (lived in Japan for a while though). Nothing has really ever been proven about acne and diet anyway. But a healthy diet is obviously important. hehe. It also wont make your scars go away. wink.gif

While mild peels and cosmetics (I like vitamin C topicals a lot) are of help, you American people eat crap instead of healthy food. A healthy diet is important.

I agree whole heartedly with Agua 2004, we Americans IN GENERAL eat way too much crap! Sugar in MANY people {including myself} does cause breakouts. Eating vegetarian primarily { without any animal -based protein } can leave you deficient in many nutrients, unless you supplement with "whole-food supplements",so be careful. Take care everyone, RuPerki eusa_dance.gif

Collagen injections are temporary.

For uneven skin tone you might look into a series of Lactic Acid peels. Please research before attempting any at home peels. However, I would suggest doing it when you've been off Taz for a while, otherwise you could burn yourself.

punch floats, followed by dermabrasion are the best thing for icepicks, and unever skin, lactic acid and tca peels will not do anything for scars!!!!!! It's as simple as that

i think once you scar it will never be perfect

scars are formed becuase you body rushed white cells i think to the site and they do a fast job of repairing, which can lead to loss or gain collagen

so i also feel nothing will work for scars as well, because you skin might once again do a bad job of repairing itself after a treatment

but that won't stop me from getting a dermabrasion, so i have a peace of mind, in that i tried and thats all you can do really

Umm i dont know about that...... I have way less minor scars than that and i'm gonna do TCA 12.5% in hopes of getting perfect skin in one peel. Not sure if lactic peels would do anything for scars like that.

well, If my scars become shallower I think they'll be completely removed ( thats how shallow they are) like a sheet of paper thin. I wanna do a straight tca instead of a series of Lactic, you guys think its a good idea?

My face is now clear but the skin is a bit uneven and with some minor icepick scars here and there after 15 years or so of mild to moderate acne (occasional cystic).  My derm said nothing will work.  She said if money is buring in my pocket, I can see a plastic surgeon and try collagen injection but she's not impressed and wouldn't recommend it.  Any suggestions?  Is there anything I can try at home to smooth out my cheeks?  FYI, I'm using Taz and aspirin mask.  They make my skin a bit smoother but I want more.  I also tried microderm but the effect is not permanent.  Thanks!

sure, but personally, i'm scared s**tless of that stuff. It's super-strong and will leave red marks on your face up to 6 months. I can't deal with that sort of thing (or the risk of even more hyperpigmentation and prefer a series of lactic acid peels. (But don't listen to me - I'm even scared of glycolic acid peels, hehe.)

First of all dont classify all americans as unhealthy eaters because just like the rest of the world, we too have various groups of people. Secondly, while a good diet is important to overall health it is not the culprate of acne and acne scarring. If that were true, just about every person in the world would suffer from acne. Also, the normal pattern of acne would be different. As of now, the normal pettern of acne primarily targets people between the ages of 13-25 and women during menstral cycles and child bearing times. Only about 2% of people over the age of 25 experience regular out breaks. My regular diet mainly consists of fresh fruits, vegetables, meat, and whole wheat products, with occational junk food thrown in the mix. I use to eat horribly when I was in my teens and early twenties and at that time I had absolutely beautiful skin with an occational pimple here and there. I changed my eating style about three and a half years ago for health related reasons and it wasnt until about a year and a half ago that I started suffering major break outs which eventually lead to the scarring. Acne is moslty contributed to hormones and genetics. If you look at the majority of overweight people their skin is normally clean, clear, and glowing. I think that there are some foods that certain people do not tolerate well, which often leads to abnormal bodliy functioning including increased acne flare ups. I dont believe however that any kind of food is the reasoning behind acne only a contributing factor in certain individuals with an intolerance or allergy.

Will Lactic Acid work for minor skin surface uneveness?  I mean you can see my minor acne scars on my cheeks under strong light.

Like this:

user posted image

Guest delta force operators

hey pizzicato i wanna eat that fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha

hey so i dont get this..someone said that once a scar has formed theres nothing u can do to get rid of it???????what dos this guy mean..do all these peels and stuff help it out by softening it and building collagen??????????should i just give up or what man i wanna get atleast a good 50 percent permanent improvemnt..is that too much to ask.........or what.............seriously