Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beautiful330

*Best Treatment for Scars in 90 days!!*

Hey, please help!! I want to be perfect for graduation! I want my face to be clear.

I f someone could help me with advice/tips to help clear some scars on my cheeks, that would be so amazing.

I have tried to clear these scars for a while now. Please any info is needed.

I'm from Virginia, if anyone here is too.

Please Write back!!!

Treatment varies depending on indented/icepick scars versus keloid/raised scars.

An extremely effective treatment for mild to moderate scarring is a do-it-yourself peel available at http://skinculture.com.

Give yourself a socially quiet week to do this peel (performed every night for a week) and ideally a further week thereafter to heal completely. Won't make you look terrible while doing it but you may want to do it while on vacation if possible.

The 4000 version yields best results.

If you need something done that fast then you should go with fillers about a month before graduation. It only last about 3 to 6 months. I would go with the hyaluronic acid filler. I cant remember the brand name something like Restulane. If anybody knows how to spell it please add. But anyway its a natural substance that has no side effects like collagen and others.

I found the name its called Restylane and they inject it into the scars and it plumps them up but it lasts no more than a year. But it would be perfect for your quickly needed fix.

If graduation comes and you still have not done anything then use a light deflecting concealer like skinlights brush on concealer --it deflects light away from your scars and makes them look better because no shadow is cast in them. Its the shadow and lights that make pitted areas show up. There is another one by Prescriptives called Magic Invisible Line Smoother that guys can even wear because its transparent to make thier scars look better. Its more expensive though. Im breaking my personal rule about brand names just this once because these type products are great for helping to conceal acne scars better by preventing the dreaded shadow in the scar.

For a quick fix I also agree that a filer would be your best choice depending on your scar type. Go to any search engine and type the words "acne scar revision" or "acne scar treatments" and you will come up with all sorts of information on the different types of treatments that are available. You can also find basic information on the FAQs page here at this web site and testimonials on the different types of treatments that have worked for some. But it is important to know the different types of treatments and their intended use based on skin type, type of scars, and overall skin condition before coming here for help. There are far to many treatments available and each treatment will vary from person to person based on your individual skin condition and the type of improvement you are looking for. Just to list a few there are fillers (temperary and permanent injections that come in many different forms), chemical peels (ranging from very superficial to deep), mechanical sanding (ranging from superficial sanding such as microdermabrasion to deep sanding known as dermabrasion, all methods also available using various forms of attachment tools to remove damaged skin), numerous laser treatments, and many topical ointments. Your best bet is to first determine you type of skin condition (such as type of scars, texture, color, etc...), then research all the available treatments and identify which are the most appropriate for your skin type and what you are most interested in and then come back to this forum and discuss your narrowed down list. youwill find it is way more beneficial to know at least a little about these treatments before blindly listening to others.

northern21 is quite right about looking at all the facts and options just seizing on any one suggestion here or anywhere or else.

FYI Brad Pitt has done Restylane for years and years for his acne scars (yes, he has acne scars); not that it's only for guys by any means, just so you know it is a very effective treatment that top celebrities happily go for.

What type of scarring are you referring to? Unless we know what type they are it's difficult to recommend anything to you.