Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Victory

4 months into Accutane...still getting cysts!

Hi everybody...please help me! I would appreciate any feedback anyone can provide. I will be entering my fifth (and last according to my dermatologist) month of Accutane treatment. I had no cysts within the past month and a half or so. Now, over the past week or so, I have gotten a new wave of cysts mostly in areas that were problematic in the first place (chest, neck, even one huge abscess on my head...was a cyst...became a HUGE abscess). There's probably about 4 or 5 in all and I'm very worried! Is this the remainder of the cause of the cysts being brought to the surface or is this a sign that they will be a persistent problem. I do not want to be on the medication any longer than five months. Even though I have a month to go, it bothers me greatly that these cysts still continue to pop up. What is going on here! WILL THESE CYSTS EVER STOP?! PLEASE HELP!

Hi everybody...please help me!  I would appreciate any feedback anyone can provide.  I will be entering my fifth (and last according to my dermatologist) month of Accutane treatment.  I had no cysts within the past month and a half or so.  Now, over the past week or so, I have gotten a new wave of cysts mostly in areas that were problematic in the first place (chest, neck, even one huge abscess on my head...was a cyst...became a HUGE abscess).  There's probably about 4 or 5 in all and I'm very worried!  Is this the remainder of the cause of the cysts being brought to the surface or is this a sign that they will be a persistent problem.  I do not want to be on the medication any longer than five months.  Even though I have a month to go, it bothers me greatly that these cysts still continue to pop up.  What is going on here!  WILL THESE CYSTS EVER STOP?!  PLEASE HELP!

same here ive been on roaccutane 4 months and its starting to creep bk some off my face has got better but i still have some red marks whick i dont think will go away about 3 wks ago there looked like there was improving alot but there are just starting to creep bk again

doesnt seem like a miracle drug to me at the moment but it has clearde some off my face leaving scarring which i hope will fade away

I'm thinking that they are one of these "last minute pop ups".

I also had a wave of cysts. The "wave of cysts" that I got last week - yes, it was a wave of cysts like 4 or 5 - was on the spots where I had had hard lumps under the skin for like 3 months before.

Did yours just pop up overnight, or had they been there for a while before they got inflamed?

Guest Craigems

yeh i got a couple this months and i';m close to 5months on tane. But the smaller ones disappear or go flat in like 2 days.

You're not alone... I'll be starting my 6th (and final) month on Tane and I still get the occasional cyst. In my 4th month, my face exploded during one week and I got like 3 new cysts overnight. Right now I'm still experiencing 2-3 whiteheads a week. Just hang in there... I'm trying to.

Mae

I am coming to the end of my 6th month and have only just stoppedgetting cysts this week. 2 weeks ago I had a horrible breakout out of around 5 cysts but they are all just red marks now.

I have been on 50mg for 5mnths and I weigh 145.

I have no new spots forming right now but i can still see loads of white heads under the skin. I've got a feeling that some of them will be exploding into cysts.

I have 1 month to go but am already counting my chickens as my skin hasn't looked this good in 16 years.

I'm thinking that they are one of these "last minute pop ups".

I also had a wave of cysts. The "wave of cysts" that I got last week - yes, it was a wave of cysts like 4 or 5 - was on the spots where I had had hard lumps under the skin for like 3 months before.

Did yours just pop up overnight, or had they been there for a while before they got inflamed?

Guest Craigems

I have to say its taken about 5 days for my cysts to come down. It sucks. I was looking alright until that happened... just happened to get like 2 on my neck one on my forehead and 2 on my chest and then about 3-4 on my face all on 1 day just pathetic. But now they are like all gone.