Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BFGUITAR

Washing 3 times a day?

This summer I am going to be a swim instructor at an out door pool. I will be exposed tot eh sun for the greater part fo teh day, every day.

On this forum someone wrote that teh sun increases oil production on my skin.

Does this mean i should use my spectro jel in the middle of the day (also at night/morning) to counter that??

Keep in mind ill be jumping in the pool quite often. (would the chlorine in the pool help or not help my acnme situation? Woudl teh idea that im going in teh water at all help?)

I think the chlorine in the pool helps acne, but that is my opinion I am not a doctor. I think that it cleans out the skin somehow and it also dries the skin out, so the sun and oil may be under control if you are in the pool a lot. Make sure you use some SPF and good luck!

Yeah.. the chlorine dries out your skin. I can't go swimming anymore coz I'm afraid that my skin will just fall off; i'm on accutane.

hmm i c thx

I dont think i need sun screen. I havent gotten burnt in the last 4 years. All i get is a perfect brown tan :-)

Guest Craigems
This summer I am going to be a swim instructor at an out door pool. I will be exposed tot eh sun for the greater part fo teh day, every day.

Does this mean i should use my spectro jel in the middle of the day (also at night/morning) to counter that??

Keep in mind ill be jumping in the pool quite often. (would the chlorine in the pool help or not help my acnme situation? Woudl teh idea that im going in teh water at all help?)

when i coach girls water polo during the school year

i never let my girls get in the pool without spf. (they also have to wait 15min for it to soak in and then reapply after they get out)

i cant stress this enuf use spf

when i use to guard and teach swim lessons i never wore spf

now my skin is reaping the damage

My skin does not get damged by the sun

You will never see a middle eastern person, or a black person get damaged skin due to the sun.

I can lay outside all i want and i dont burn what so ever.

I personnaly think the sunscreen would just make my acne worse...

I may just use aloe vera once in a while though

even off 'tane, spf 15 is kind of a must these days. even tiny bits of sun exposure (like walking to your house from the car) over time makes you age faster and destroys collagen, so you start getting droopy cry.gif not getting burnt is great, and tans are nice, but its cumulative damage, like smoking, so just be aware. also, cetaphil moisturizer has a kind with spf15 in it, you its real easy to use since i already have to put on the stuff because of 'tane. after 'tane, neutrogena makes this awesome sunblock spf45 ( a bit high) thats a matte finish with no oils or moisturizers, etc., so its great for oily skin or normal skin that you dont need to moisturize often. just my thoughts...

XXXpcXXX

My skin does not get damged by the sun

You will never see a middle eastern person, or a black person get damaged skin due to the sun.

I can lay outside all i want and i dont burn what so ever.

I personnaly think the sunscreen would just make my acne worse...

I may just use aloe vera once in a while though

ic

but

1) im not on tane

2) I lvie in canada so we practically live in teh dark 9-10 months out of the year (today was the first day ive worn a t shirt outsite for the since november) so a little sun cant hurt ;-)

3) Ive said this before and ill say it again, my skin reacts very well with the sun

4) My grandpa lived in iraq and israel for well over half his life, exposed to teh sun every day and did not put sun screen on. He is 70 and looks 55.

My mother is the same

ic

but

1) im not on tane

2) I lvie in canada so we practically live in teh dark 9-10 months out of the year (today was the first day ive worn a t shirt outsite for the since november) so a little sun cant hurt ;-)

3) Ive said this before and ill say it again, my skin reacts very well with the sun

4) My grandpa lived in iraq and israel for well over half his life, exposed to teh sun every day and did not put sun screen on. He is 70 and looks 55.

My mother is the same

Thanx

My real issue is that i afraid that the sun screen with cause more acne.

I dont care about the long term affects.

Im only 16, and who knows, in 50 years our medicine will be much mire superior.

Im sure back in the 30s no one ever thought something like accutane would exists.

I know im farfetched but im a dreamer :-D

But than again it goes back to my point before

The cahnces of me getting any long terms affects are extremly low

I do appretiate how all of you are informing me about this

And for that i salute you ;-)

Woah, your skin most definitely is being damaged by unprotected exposure. Darker skin tones are less susceptible, but certainly still vulnerable to melanomas and photo-aging. Please google 'skin cancer' to check out some stats and read up on how critical it is to protect yourself. Good luck, berry

16 is a good age to start protecting your skin and you'll look young forever smile.gif My mom taught me this long ago. She's 51 and looks 35. she grows aloe and uses it fresh on her face every day. smile.gif

lol my mother is 40 and looks 30

She uses oil when she goes tanning lol

I really think its different for everyone

plus i never get to be outside with the sun

I hate canadian waether :-(

BFGUITAR - perhaps when your Grandpa lived in the Middle East the ozone layer was still intact. Any natural sunblock in darker skin that has evolved and been perfected over thousnads of years cannot counter act the un-natural damage that we have done to the planet in the last 30+ years.

At least wear SPF 20+ on areas where you have no acne.

Noa, that may be true

But you also have to remember that he was in teh sun for the better part of the day for the enire year

In my case ill only be in the sun for about 3-4 months if im lucky out of the year

My true concern is that the sunscreen will clog my pores, especcaily when out in the hot sun

My pores may open and the sunscreen can clog them

Am i able just to user aloe vera at the end of the day? I know that it doesnt irrtate my skin

My true concern is that the sunscreen will clog my pores, especcaily when out in the hot sun

My pores may open and the sunscreen can clog them