Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erised

zero's Accutane journal

julieta.. well, my chest is not bothering me, but I do nee to drink more water!

I am not going to take my words back about dry skin smile.gif I could not eat today after washing my face because of dryness, and it made me really happy! Now I really need to moisturize smile.gif

My cetaphic hasn't arrived from drugstore.com yet. I ordered it together with other stuff..

So for now, Clean and Clear Shine Control Moisturizer

Question:

Is drinking a cup of milk really enough food to take accutane? I drink instand breakfast that you have to mix with milk. Then like a toast or two. I can't eat a lot in the morning.

What's that plastic look all taners talk about? Is it the one when after washing your face, it looks shiny polished? Because I get that... but it disappears after like 15 minutes, and almist instantly with moisturizer.

Sorry everyon for annoying you with my questions sad.gifsmile.gif

Day 13

No way it's only day 13! I'm in the middle of my third accutane box already!

Ok, everyday something new.

My eyes were so dry today, I couldn't even keep them open for a long time. When I was walking down the hallway, wind in my face, my eyes would get really dry. I think people thought I was crying rolleyes.gif

Going to have to use eye drops now...

Edit: eye drops that I have don't work sad.gif Any suggestions on which ones to use?

if you drink instant breakfast and toast with a smaller dose of accuntane i believe it would be fine

i take my 89 mg pills with like pudding, wonder if that is enough tongue.gif

if been bad sometimes and just drank water before tongue.gif

Sun sun I love you but please don't look at my skin

I love shadows!

Sorry for posting a clear picture. I took some progress pics that day, but, for some reason, they got deleted. So I took some today and they won't be ready for awhile, I think.

Hey I have to raise my confidence somehow smile.gif

My mom told me that day that my skin looked terrible on the sun. No she wasn't mean, I asked her to tell me the truth.

Day 14

Yay two weeks!

New side effects:

Some dry blood in my nose.. o well smile.gif

Some lower back pain. Common but not dangerous right? ninja.gif

Oil production increased again! WTF? My lips don't need the chapstick so bad anymore! Is it ok to go from oily to dryer to oily again? sad.gif

Hey comeon how come noone comments here anymore? Only New Look does but others? Where did you all go? My journal is dying. What did I do?

you are really cute, your eyes are a really pretty green, good luck with your accutane, I hope it works out for ya biggrin.gif !

I'm not much of an accutane expert, never used it. Can't give you much advice besides I know you gotta keep moisturizing before you dry out. That's pretty weird that you went from oily to dry to oily again.

I wouldn't mind some 80 degree weather like you have over there. I think the warmest it's gotten here is 70 and that was for only one day. It's been 60 or so for about a week. I'm ready for the 80's so I can enjoy golfing and volleyball and get a nice tan.

You said you get back pains from the accutane. I'm just curious do you get joint pains or anything? How does accutane effect you working out?

hey chicky

haha you and i almost have the same eye color~ except mine starts with a really dark green ring on the outside and then there is a lighter green ring and then yellow =P. anyways, i am almost on my 3rd month of accutane, i used to have pretty oily skin but now its not really, i can go a whole day with only washing my face one time in the morning and keeping the same makeups on all day, and i used to wash my hair everyday but now i only have to do it like once every 2 or 3 days because otherwise its too dry~ so don't worry the accutane will dry you out! i have pretty bad back pain, but its only when i lay down and it lasts for like 10 seconds, or when i bend down to pick something up it hurts, and i used to have chest pain when i first started~ its not heart pain, its like my ribs were sore. but that all stopped, and now i just have bad knee pain and clicking joints lol. I had dry eyes for the beginning, but that stopped too, they used to be really bad but i guess myeyes have adjusted because i dont need eye drops anymore. i also had a lot of little bumps, and still do but i am sure they will go away.

I think you can use topical stuff now, because you are only on your first month correct? and my dermatologist (shes awesome) told me if i needed to i could continue using my topicals during the first month to help dry out any breakout spots i would have, its really after the second month and third month that you shouldnt use the topicals anymore because by then you should be drying out a lot and not need them, i dont use topicals anymore because this beakout is not so bad, and i can deal with it and i know if i use the topicals it will burn and hurt too much lol. SoOoo good luck with the rest of your treatment! biggrin.gif

Sorry im not good enough sad.giftongue.gif

As for oily dry oily, im not totally sure

last week my bottom lip was the only thing drying up, then my skin was nearly perfectly not dry, then i went really dry. maybe the same thing?

back pain, i use to have them when i would bend over and straighten something up and then rise up again and my back hurt pretty bad, but ive been more active lately, summer is coming and I want to get in shape

i get dry eyes only in the morning when i wake up very blurry, but that may be due to my contact lenses, i sleep in them though i shouldnt tongue.gif

I use to get blood in my nose like you in months 1 - 1 1/2 and using a nasal spray to make the nose not be as dry made the inside even more bloodied (bloody bugers eeek!)

I see my derm Tuesday morning so he can get me the pills for month 4 and for any changes in the prescription

i was only kidding

Yeah i hate not be able to go in the sun but i do anyways

not tanning lying in the sun though

maybe like biking for a little while or playing a sport for little while

I wash my face with cetaphil bar soap, but I'm not moisturizing yet..

I tried cetaphil lotion a few day ago, and eeeww... It makes your skin so freaking shiny and sticky!

Hi,

I was just browsing your log and I think you should definitely take a look at my accutane log from June '03 - Dec '03. It is under "Andrea's Accutane Log" and it has a lot of tips and and information for helping you out while on Accutane.

Hope it works out for you,

Andrea

thanks andrea. I'll check it out once I'm done with studying sad.gif

A new question: On April 25, my next appointment, should I tell my derm about the very minor back and chest pains? Or not? Will she think I'm lying because bearly everyone has these pains?

and what is the "plastic look" ?

thanks andrea. I'll check it out once I'm done with studying sad.gif

A new question: On April 25, my next appointment, should I tell my derm about the very minor back and chest pains? Or not? Will she think I'm lying because bearly everyone has these pains?

and what is the "plastic look" ?

lol so maybe like: "Yeah on my second week I had minor back pain but it was really really minor and didn't last for more than a minute."

I don't want to tell her about chest pains though... she's going to make up stories that it's my heart.

or I could tell her that I started woking out. When you just start working out after a loong winter, your body's going to hurt at first.. like if you do it say 3 days a week, your muscles are going to hurt for... hm... two weeks? When I tried to do abs exersises before tane, they hurt for 3 days after that...

So I can say "Even if I get pains from accutane, I can't feel it because I just started exersising, and I'm always sore. It't not accutane. I always get sore when I just start working out."

erpatter doesn't cetaphil make you look realy shiny and sticky? I can't stand moisturizers like that. I can use it at night but no way in school...

yeah it stays dry all day, its great!

i do need a new moisturizer though, i dont like cetaphil! i agree it makes your face shiny and sticky!  then you look greasy all day when youre really not!

Day 17

Hm... didn't get really oily today... eusa_think.gif

But yesterday I was a french fry eusa_think.gif

Oh well probably tomorrow I will be a french fry again...

No big changes yet. Getting 1 pimple a day...

2 week pictures are coming soon

sorry boring update ... is there a sleep emoticon?

I don't think cetaphil leaves me shiney and sticky.  Usually I feel pretty good with it on.  Eucerin on the other hand, I can't stand it.  I felt really greasy with it on.

Oh thanks! I wanted to buy Eucerin... not going to buy it now smile.gif For now Clean and Clear Morning Glow and Shine Control helps me...

shoot I put shine contol instad of morning glow on.

Day 18

I'm an idiot. The pimple that I popped awhile ago is now red, like it was healing but then I rubbed it with a towel after shower and now it's all red. I guess I should stop popping.... agh... well I'll try. If this one will scar, I can live with one...

Ok Today I woke up and was sore all over... Not enough sleep? Maybe. It's better now but some of my (joints?) are kind of aching. It's ok because it doesn't hurt all day, yet.

I really need to drink more water and eat fruits. I just realized that I didn't have any yesterday! I had all fatty food like a small piece of chocolate cake sad.gif and I managed to eat a 12 inch sandwitch from Subway. WTF? I really need to stop or my cholecterol will rise fron accutane and later I'm going to be faaaatt...

ok today I'm starting to eat more green and less chocolate cakes and only a 6 inch sandwitch sometimes... ninja.gif

hey zero

no worries about yer last messgae to me, It didnt bother me or anything wink.gif

have you by any chance noticed any eyelashes falling out, or just thinning in general?

is your skin slightly tingly/itchy at night in bed, like somethings crawling on it?

not long after stopping mino did your face seem oilier? or did the oil seem different somehow at all, more greasy?

is your scalp itchy?

btw, ive been on the antihistamines (cetirizine hydrochloride) for nearly a week and my hives/flesh coloured bumps on my forhead have nearly gone!! when i rub my forhead i hardly feel anything there now. Cant see any down the sides of my face either....

awesome! i had it confirmed you can safely take em with the tane from my derm too.

just need to get rid of my mass infestation of facial and neck acne now, that sure as hell wont clear in a week sad.gif

I just looked at some pics of my face about 6 weeks ago when my skin was damn near perfect, now its a festering heap of rat shit.. it really burned me. damn damn damn, why did i do that?!?!? WHYYYYYY