Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erised

zero's Accutane journal

Hi all!

Yes, another accutane journal :)

A little history at first.

My acne started 7 years ago, when I was in 5th grade. It could have been the summer before 5th grade, I'm not sure.

It never really bothered me. My mom used to make me use some cream for acne. I was too lazy to put something on my face.

The first insult about my face came from my so-called friend. Once she said "If I had a face like that, I wouldn't come to school!" Nice girl huh...

I don't remember caring much about it until I came to the U.S. I was 14 and my acne wasn't horrible. One year later or so I went to a dermatologist. She gave me Retin-A. She gave it to me three times, each time increasing the strength. Each time it was making my acne worse, and worse, and worse.

I got mad on my derm and didn't go to her for 9 months! Stupid me, I could have been clear with accutane by now.

So when I came back to her, I made up a story that I used two antibiotics, that I bought them in Russia, because there you don't need a prescription for antibiotics. I told her that I had an allergic reaction (which is true), and that my stomach hurt from another one.

She believed me and gave me Minocycline (sp?). She told me to come back in two months for accutane.

Minocycline, just like Erythromicyn gave me horrible rash all over my body, but just a little bit on my face. I couldn't wear short-sleeve shirts or anything. I was all covered in small red pimples. In 3 weeks or so it was gone, and my body except for my face was the clearest it has been in years.

My face, however, started getting weird little bumps all over. They're everywhere ans cast ugly shadows in school.

So now I'm on accutane. My derm put me on 80 mg a day, but I forgot to ask her how long I'm going to me on it. I was too excited, lol :)

So this is my story. I took some pictures yesterday but they'ree still in my camera, so as soon as I put them into my computer, I'm going to post them here. I'll try taking pictures of my progress every two weeks or so. Also of my initial break out and of anything else my skin will do.

so here are the pics

Hi Zerofantasy

You said you've had acne for 7 years, how old were you when it first started?

I am starting Accutane next week myself but only on a low dose of 20mg a day but for a long period like 9 months.

Your skin doesn't look very bad and I think Accutane will help alot.

All the best, I will keep in touch so we can compare our results.

Happy

lol, I like your green eyes. Green eyes are hard to find I think. tongue.gif

Do you ever wonder if it was actually how you kept more or less attention to your face rather than the minocycline that improved it? (just wondering)

Just don't give up on the accutane, hope it all goes well for you and good luck.

P.S damn, you are so cute

EDIT: sometimes people take being called cute the wrong way so i'll add

you are very beautiful smile.gif

Just don't give up on the accutane, hope it all goes well for you and good luck.

P.S damn, you are so cute

EDIT: sometimes people take being called cute the wrong way so i'll add

you are very beautiful smile.gif

why not? I asked on this forum before and people said it was ok with accutane

damn I have a cyst formind on my cheek. At least I think it's a cyst. It's impossible to pick (don't lecture me, smile.gif I didn't press hard) and it's red and painful and kinda getting big... feels hard...

That sucks, ok i won't lecture you about you shouldn't pick...

as for the caffeine it is ok to drink it accutane although if you stop drinking it your lips won't burn from drinking it wink.gif

P.S i think you should change your av cool.gif

That sucks, ok i won't lecture you about you shouldn't pick...

as for the caffeine it is ok to drink it accutane although if you stop drinking it your lips won't burn from drinking it wink.gif

P.S i think you should change your av cool.gif

lol I drink lots of water.. I buy water bottle in school (but I didn't today lol) and I'm going to drink like 3-4 liters of water today. lol

I'm trying to eat more fruits because I saw someone suggesting it for liver or something...

and less fat.. (lol well, not yet but I should) so that my cholesterol wouldn't jump too high. Or it doesn't matter? I never watched what I ate. Would accutane cause more cholesterol if it's supposed to in some people, no matter what they eat?

lol change my what?

If I don't drink caffeine, I become a zombie... well I'm ok on weekends and stuff, but I get up at 5 am for school so I have to drink it.

about firefox... forget about it sad.gif I'm used to loging it all the time by now smile.gif

Lookin good! You are so familiar looking....ever been to MA?

Its weird how acne strikes at different ages, my brother just started to break out at age twenty! his teen years were acne free(the bastard!).

I agree with Bboy, youre eyes are so intriguing.

Good luck with the tane(its a life saver), and keep us posted with new pics!

why don't you like my avatar? lol smile.gif

Heron, no I've never been to MA smile.gif Only VA, where I live, CA, and FL. not much lol

you know what's weird? A couple of months ago people were saying that my eyes were yellow... ewww... but now they're back to green! Maybe it's changing for summer like the trees, hehe

is your face supposed to get more oily on accutane at first? sad.gif

why don't you like my avatar? lol smile.gif

Heron, no I've never been to MA smile.gif Only VA, where I live, CA, and FL. not much lol

you know what's weird? A couple of months ago people were saying that my eyes were yellow... ewww... but now they're back to green! Maybe it's changing for summer like the trees, hehe

is your face supposed to get more oily on accutane at first? sad.gif

It's ok i guess, but i would rather like to see your pretty face as your avatar instead of the kitten wink.gif

yea, maybe one of those many mods here could delete all this off the topic talk i.e all the second page really

Again sorry Zero