Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AntzinPantz

Am I doing something wrong?

I just did my second peel with 30% Glycolic Acid. I left it on for nearly 5 minutes and the first time i left it on for 3 minutes. Both times though my face went a little tingly but there was no visible peeling of skin. Is this supposed to happen? My skin is pretty tough and is probably more like scar tissue due to the laser resurfacings ive had.

Also I keep reading that these kinds of peels do nothing for pitted scars - does that mean they don't do anything for indented scarring or just for deep pits?

I know a few of you are experts on peels now so if you've got any advice it will be appreciated smile.gif

I've tried glycolic peels in the past and haven't had any peeling either. I think they're not strong enough. If you really want some good peeling, you should switch to tca. And yes, glycolics will hardly have any effects on pitted scaring. They're just not agressive enough...in my opinion.

I've tried glycolic peels in the past and haven't had any peeling either. I think they're not strong enough. If you really want some good peeling, you should switch to tca. And yes, glycolics will hardly have any effects on pitted scaring. They're just not agressive enough...in my opinion.