Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shiza

Question about my acne.

Everytime I pop a zit, white solid junk comes out. What is this? Why is there always white solid crap within my acne?

Thanks.

you must be new, I think that white stuff is called sebum? I dont know, buts its very common. you really shouldnt pop your pimples, its not a good thing to do because it WILL cause scarring. If you MUST pop it, at least wait until there's that white dot on the top of it. Anytime earlier the pimple is immature and will be very painful to pop. When popping pinch the white dot with your finger naills and pull until it comes off. Then gently push the pimple until all the pus comes out. When you start seeing blood, you stop. Wash your face with warm water until no more blood is comin out, then rinse with cold water.

btw welcome to the forum

you must be new, I think that white stuff is called sebum? I dont know, buts its very common. you really shouldnt pop your pimples, its not a good thing to do because it WILL cause scarring. If you MUST pop it, at least wait until there's that white dot on the top of it. Anytime earlier the pimple is immature and will be very painful to pop. When popping pinch the white dot with your finger naills and pull until it comes off. Then gently push the pimple until all the pus comes out. When you start seeing blood, you stop. Wash your face with warm water until no more blood is comin out, then rinse with cold water.

btw welcome to the forum

btw welcome to the forum

Pus should be a clearish liquid, right? But this stuff is a white Solid. It always comes flying out when I pop. And then the pus and blood comes out.

haha vertigo you'renew, white stuff is probably puss and the pimple is PREMATURE not immature  razz.gif you shouldnt pop with fingers either, when i popped mine i always used Q-tips, but i don't pop anymore, i refrain from picking at it.

The solid whitish stuff(like the stuff in a whitehead or under the surface of a blackhead) is a combination of oil and dead cells. That's what blocks the pore in the first place. If it gets infected, then pus(the white liquid stuff) comes. You may be getting a lovely combination of both as you pop.

you know, you should put a little bullseye on your mirror and see what score you get

The solid crap can be the arachnid (thats right an arachnid, go to your biologys book and youll find it out! shock.gif ) wich are themselves the white and blackheads, they are likely to proliferate in our obstructed pores just like the acne bacteria.

It could be also just pus and dead cells like Vertigo said, but i believe your taking about this lil`dudes! wink.gif

I think the solid stuff is your cyst drying up. If you truly let it run its course, your skin would regenerate to the point that the cyst would come to the surface, and then the dry stuff would simply just rub off one day when you're washing your face (or sleeping). This will happen without any extra pus and probably has the least likelihood of leaving a scar.

But dammit, I got one this past weekend. I was visiting some friends and their cleansers were extra gentle, to the point that it didn't really get all my makeup off. By the third day, I had this huge cyst on my face. I tried to leave it be, until someone looked straight at me while I was shopping. When I passed the icecream aisle, I noticed that this thing was so huge it had "broken" right through my makeup and was practically hanging out of my skin mad.gif I just HAD to pop it. It had both the solid and liquid (but it had a head before I popped it), and it left behind a crater type scar.

I wish I could follow the regimen advice to use an extra gentle cleanser and only cleanse for a few seconds, but I know my skin will start to get dirty (to the point where I run my finger nail over it and scrape off dirt!), and possibly my pores will start to clog. I just use a gentle cleanser, rub around gently till I'm good and satisfied, then rinse.

Morning: clean & clear morning burst

Evening: basis sensitive skin bar.