Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chris_16

red marks - pics inside. Please help!

Posted

Hey all. I've recently got rid of most of my pimples, however they left some weird redish marks on my face. The ones on the left hand side (pic2) are darker, the ones on the right are just reddy. They are completely flat, but I'm sick of the red marks and I wish I could get rid of this! I've been using 'clerasel' cream and facewash (for a while) but it won't get rid of it.

Any advice? What are these red marks? How can I get rid of these marks? I was thinking about going to see a doctor or a beautician or whatever, I'm not sure. (I'm a guy, do guys actually go and see a beautician to get rid of this stuff? fill me in!) I'm really desperate to get my clear skin back! tongue.gif (well I hope I can at least, SOON!)

NOTE: The dark black/brown marks are not pimples or marks btw. it's hard to see the red marks in this light, but it's night...you should get the idea anyway. In the morning when I look in the mirror, they look a bit redder and more obvious.

Thanks,

-Chris

[attachmentid=763]

post-22361-1111914701_thumb.jpg

post-22361-1111914723_thumb.jpg

post-22361-1111914701_thumb.jpg

post-22361-1111914723_thumb.jpg

Posted

Chris16, most of us get residual marks after the acne is cleared and time will heal them.

To speed up the healing process, chemical peels will remove the upper layers of the skin and will help to improve the darker spots. If you choose a chemical peel, it may take several treatments. Further, have the peels performed by a medical professional. Some estheticians do peels, but if it's done incorrectly, your face can be scarred because it's done with very strong acids.

Another option is to use a product with high levels of hydroquinone. It takes time, but with continued use it will fade the dark scars. I recomend Serious Skin Care's Fading Fluid found at hsn.com. You can also find hydroquinone creams in stores, but these are usually quite thick and can cause more acne. By the way, when you use hydroquinone, it is crucial to use a sunscreen or else the treated areas can become even darker.

I also recommend Super CP Serum from skinbiology.com. You can check out the site for yourself with respect to both the acne and scar sections. Copper peptide has the ability to heal skin by encouraging skin to increase production of collagen.

You can also order Exfol from skinbiology.com too. It is a 2% salicylic acid gel (if you are not allergic to salicylic acid) that can help exfoliate your skin thereby lessening the appearance of the scars.

Good luck.

Posted

I would like to add that you shouldn't just wear sunscreen if you are using hydroquinone. No matter what the sun will re-darken these marks. ALWAYS wear sunscreen. Do not let the sun re-darken these marks.

Posted

Ahh, so they're just red marks that will go away? I might check out Skin Care's Fading Fluid then. I posted some more pics with the post (with different lighting conditions) just to check that they are actually just red marks. They appear flat to me, I'm just scared that they might turn into some wierd holes or something. They seem flat though.

Also I was looking around last night and I found there is a clinic here that has quite a few treatment for acne stuff. http://www.caci.co.nz/search.asp?search_text=Acne. I'll ring in and see if guys actually go here, because I have no idea, but if they do, do you think it would pay to go to one of their 'free acne consultations with one of our 3 nurses"?

Thanks!

-Chris

post-22361-1111968478_thumb.jpg

post-22361-1111968497_thumb.jpg

post-22361-1111968478_thumb.jpg

post-22361-1111968497_thumb.jpg