Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GIMojo

Does it seem some people WANT to have acne?

Is it just me or does it seem like some people WANT to have sevre acne to be acknowledged by people here. To have something they can feel sorry for themselves about. Or to say their lives suck, they wanna die, blah blah(it seems like im targetting bleeding_soul but im not.)

I have to tell some of you guys that you shouldnt want or even pretend to have sevre acne because it's not a great thing. Sure you get more attention by members here but then you complain about too much attention at school. I would rather have mild acne and get absolutely no attention by members here than sevre acne, and having the word "ACCUTANE" yelled at me whenever I ask for help.

I find that some people would rather have a big problem than a little problem. It's true, take 5 minutes to think about it(I know you wont, you dont wanna take advice but some of you ask for it)

Yes

When I had horrible acne I didn't come to boards and whine. In fact, I had no idea that they existed. In fact it was just a personal thing and I had no one else to talk to about it ever. It's better that way in my opnion b/c u don't become obsessed. You're just like, "ok, I know I'm ugly, but I don't really care that much about it. Some day I will be clear." It's hard actually to explain that sort of state of mind. It's not like I walked around and repeated to myself "ignore them" "ignore them", I just had my mind occupied with other things, like sports, school, and computer games (which I don't play anymore ever since my acne left. I can actually have a social life out of klans and the competitive online gaming world).

I used to have severe acne, but your mind can become so twisted that you keep on believing you have it even when you don't. I refused to believe it at first.

It took to a long time to realise this, after posting my pictures up here and my counselling sessions.

But I am left with moderate scarring and a lot of red marks, that is the final kick in the gut after having this for so long, so forgive me for whining!

I think people don't pretend to have bad acne, they really do feel like they have bad acne and your mind can really make yourself beieve it..

chow

what the fuck is this.

"Is it just me or does it seem like some people WANT to have sevre acne to be acknowledged by people here."

Im sorry but what are you fucking stupid? Im sure people would rather have clear skin than to EVER have to type "www.acne.org" into their address bar. Jesus christ...i Dont think anyone here PRETENDS to have acne to get attention.... maybe their acne isnt as bad as they think it is but the fact remains that they still THINK that its bad... good god man..

lol that made me laugh out loud hendrix, cuz I totally agree but didn't have the mental capacity to write it like that.

Whatha is up with that comment?? shock.gif Who would say that they have acne to get attention??? shock.gif I doubt that anyone is. I can think of a million things that I would rahter get attention for other then acne. I do not want acne to bring attention to me anymore then it does on its own.

uhhhhhhhh i changed my name from enter the dragon to bleeding soul cause my enter the dragon one got f'd up somehow. oh yeah if you never thought I had severe acne jsut this fucking pic out and the rest of my hell gallery.

btw my acne is coming back so don't tell me to not get acknowledged, everyone deserves the same amount of attention here because acne is acne no matter how severe.

http://acne.org/gallery/view_photo.php?set...m14&id=DSC00044

No offense guy, but I had acne like that all over my face with a few painful cysts. I think you are blowing this out of proportion.

My acne came back after taking accutane. The second time was the charm though.

I also think a lot of people are worried that their mild acne will turn into severe acne.

When it comes right down to it, we're all here for the same reason.

It's stupid when it turns into this war of who's worse off.

okay whenever i wanna say something someone gets there first!

basically what keeley said I agree.

this isn't a 'I have worser acne then you so you can't complain about it' thing...

here we go again

You dont think some people make their situation seem worst than what it is? Im saying its not a great thing to want or pretend to have bad acne to make their current life situation seem bad. Hard to explain. Its like when some people at school break up and then they say how everybody in the world hates them.

I wasnt talking bout you bleeding soul, i know you changed your name, im sorry that i made it seem like i was talking about you (although I said I wasnt). just bad timing

hey its all good dude, i got no hard feelings. I guess I'm just more frustrated than ever because accutane cleared me and then now my acne is coming back hard on. you know how it can feel 2x as worse as b4? thats all

okay whenever i wanna say something someone gets there first!

basically what keeley said I agree.

this isn't a 'I have worser acne then you so you can't complain about it' thing...

hey bleeding soul, I remember you as enter the dragon, you disspeared for along time right?

hey its all good dude, i got no hard feelings.  I guess I'm just more frustrated than ever because accutane cleared me and then now my acne is coming back hard on.  you know how it can feel 2x as worse as b4?  thats all

pssssssssh you damn right i did I was at school pretty clear occupied with so much crap that I didn't really ahv etime for this website. On top of that when i did come here it would just make me think about what acne or lack of acne that i had so much more you know what I mean. now i'm back cause i think about it anyways so much.

pssssssssh you damn right i did I was at school pretty clear occupied with so much crap that I didn't really ahv etime for this website.  On top of that when i did come here it would just make me think about what acne or lack of acne that i had so much more you know what I mean.  now i'm back cause i think about it anyways so much.

thanks bro so are you and i hope my fucking damn derm will put me on accutane again so i can be clear like you. my acne isn't as bad as b4 and my forehead and next are virtually completely clear like i never had a zit on them b4 so i'm thinking if i go on a 2nd course it will be gone forever hoepfully.

its just,

at school, there's this girl, and she's really annoying the crap out of me and everyone around her. She recently broke up with someone and thats about it, but she's saying stuff to make people feel sorry for her. She would be puposely sitting in the corner and making it as if she has mental issues.

on msn her username would be like "If im not at school then you know i killed myself"

i tried talking to her and she was like "Im poor, my family hates me, i got no friends, im sick and tired of life, im doing bad in school". she even tried to talk about her skin problem which there was nothing wrong with. It bugs everyone, not just me. Its like she wants people to ask her what's wrong, talk behind her back, and feel sorry for her but when they do, she gets mad.

you know?

its hard to put it in words that wont offend 75% of you guys.

I guess the nicest way is to say

if your acne isnt THAT bad, dont pretend it is to get sympathy. Im not talking about the people who feel they have it emotionally but the people who want it just for attention. is that better now keeley?

I understand what you mean, Vertigo. While I was in High School, I hung with the 'freak crowd', which meant a various group of kids who really did have severe emotional/home problems and a various group of kids who just didn't fit in anywhere else, so they made pretend like they had severe problems so they could fit in.

The thing was that - as annoying as it was to hear someone gripe about thier mother not letting them go out past 11 when some of us were dealing with mothers who were married to pedophiles - those kids didn't fit in anywhere else.

They were there for the same reasons we were - they didn't fit in and were trying to find a place where they did.

Same goes for here.

no thats where you are wrong bro, I fit in just like almost all of us fit in. The fact is that we like to pretend we don't fit in because we look different.