Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hummer

is B5 good for light/moderate cyst acne?

The regimen is good and all but i still the hard cyst/papaule like acne mostly now and i think it's the worst kind.

I was wondering if B5 works for this kinda acne?

I might try it out...

Tips, suggestions, even B5 experiences are all welcome!

Thanks

Hi hummer. I've been doing B5 and the regimen for about a month now for exactly the same reason. I've had only 1 new cyst erupt since I started and that was one that had been lurking under my skin since before I even started. So far so good. I'm almost completly clear except for the scab where this 1 cyst was. (uh, I popped it 8) ) I started on 1/2 a gram and worked my way up to 5 grams.

Aw, Wow! great to hear that. Do you still do the regimen? or do you just do B5 alone?

Have you had any side effects from it? (stomach trouble)

Yes, I still do the regimen. I took 10 grams on my first day which was a mistake - sore stomach, diarreah, insomnia. I cut right down to 500mg and slowly built right up. Seems maybe ur body needs to get used to B5 jus like/w BP. As for side effects now; well, my already dry skin is taking a beating. I use the tape method to keep flakes at bay but my skin is looking a bit like crocodile leather. To be honest I actually prefer this to acne. oh, and the back of my throat is feeling a bit swollen from taking 1 gram horsetablets - so I may consider switching to a powder.

ah... i'm going slow on these dosages too.

I bought the stuff at GNC.. couldn't find it anywhere else.

Does the brand make a difference?

Which is the best?