Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
timbo2600

skin doesnt look good

Alright ive been on this regimen deal for a few months now and it seems to be working great for me. The only problem is that my skin doesnt look great when you look closely at it. Im clear now and my skin looks pretty nice from 10 or 15 feet away, but when I look at it closely it looks blotchey and uneven. It broke out really bad 6 months ago when I quit using BP and it has looked horrible since then. I only have a few red marks now but im still nowhere near "normal". I dont know what exactly its going to take to get my skin to look the way I want. I thought my cleanser was too harsh so I changed it...skin still the same. I thought maybe 10% BP was too harsh so I dropped to 5%...still waiting for those results. Is anyone else going through this??

Timbo..I'm also facing the same problem.My pore size is so large that I can even see it when I get close to the mirror.

So, I tried Neutrogena® radiance essence. This products really works so well as it not only helps to fade discoloration but also help to prevent future acne. It contains Retinol( vitamin A ), tocopherol acetate( vitamin E ), ascorbic acid( vitamin C ), Pantenol ( vitamin B complex ) and Glycolic acid ( Alpha Hydroxy Acid ). The retinol will help to reduce pore size and prevent acne while vitamin C and E atc as an anti-oxidant. Vitamin B preserve and heal skin damage while AHA even skin tone and dull complexion. I didn't use BP anymore because using retinol with BP will cause irritation.

*This product only sold in Asia-pasific country.

Hopefully can help

garkee2002 :wink:

yes totally!!! i 've been on the regimen for like 2 months and it's gotten rid of alot of superficial acne (the small ones) but i am still getting a few regulars for some reason. it sucks. and i thought the overall texture of my skin was improving but i took some pictures to post and i'm really not that impressed. maybe the acne lesions themselves draw so much attention we pay no mind to the "field" of our skin. now that the lesion is gone we have to look at the field and see it for what it is. uneven, blotchy, still recuperating from the battle i guess. maybe in time it will improve. i hope.... :)

Yea your right about that Diana. People that have acne pay extremely close attention to their skin, even when the acne disappears. I no longer worry about pimples, but I now find all of the things wrong with my skin in general. Thanks for the product advice garkee, but you must be right about it only being available in asia because im in the US and ive never heard of it. My skin has gotten completely better before when I just washed and used BP a lot. Then I made the mistake of stopping the BP and using products that were just horrible on my skin. They made me break out badly and I still havnt gotten back to where I was and its been 6 months. In time I know it will be better, but not today and im not planning on it any time very soon.

I think the closest product from that radiance essence is neutrogena´s healthy skin lotion, it has most of the vitamins (A,C,E and B5) and AHA, it also has spf15 so its really helpful, the onlything is that it really stings when u put it on (OWWWWW :oops: ). I too quit using bp, too harsh and i kept getting those nasty "regulars", so just use the neutrogena deep pore cleanser (kinda harsh, do any of u know any other neutrogena cleanser that might be more gentle) and the healthy skin lotion