Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I used it, didnt do much for me, did your dermatologist mention anything to you about accutane later on down the road? When I was first put on Doryx (Doxycycline) along with tazorac he said that later on I might be put on accutane. Just so happens that tommorow I will be picking up my first perscription for accutane.

If doryx does infact refer to doxycycline, then I can tell you ...

I was on 50mg, 2 times daily. It worked VERY well for me. The first couple of weeks I didn't think it was doing shit for me, but then I just stopped breaking out.

My derm told me to lower my dosage to 50mg once a day, and ever since I've been breaking out all over the place, my face, back, upper back (never even used to get it there) legs, everywhere .. it's a little disturbing.

I'm also on Differin, Duac, and a special medicated cleanser ... I have a feeling sometime in the near future I'm going to have to take something new.

A long long time ago I was on benzamycin and 100mg of doxycycline for my acne. It did very little for me, but was better than taking nothing whatsoever