Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danielle23

Initial Breakout with Differin...

I have been on Differin for two weeks and I am breaking out like crazy...probably worse than I ever have. How long will this last, it's driving me up the wall! :) Also, does this mean that it is working? Thanks guys:)

It's supposed to last for up to four weeks. Try to have faith in the medicine, even though I know it can be hard when you start breaking out. Good Luck! :)

I've been on differin for 4 days now, and i am having a breakout. So I guess this is normal. But I am going to stick with this. Many people on this msgboard have said to use it for a month consistantley. Godd Luck :)

it depends if your using the gel or the cream. The gel breaks you out more but you should see results quicker- like bout 8 weeks.

with the cream you seem to break out real slowly like one here and there and should see clear skin after about week 16. Ive used both in my time and find the cream to be alot better cos although you might have a few pimples the rest of your skin looks healthy if you have a gentle cleanser and moisturise

Yeah, I have noticed that even though my skin is breaking out it isn't as patchy as it was when I was using BP. I am on the cream right now because of my sensitive skin, but I think I might call my derm next week and ask about the gel instead. I would love to have clear in eight weeks. Thanks everybody for your advice. :)