Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
traywaters

ELIMINATE ACNE AS IF YOU NEVER HAD IT!!!

i know tons of people that have great skin and sleep weird hours and eat whatever they want

i think mine is hormonal. but who knows..i know im sensitive and harsh things dont help my skin

I am so going to follow this! I can't live without Pepsi, but I'll get Aquafina instead of Pepsi...

At lunch... Salad... sad.gif Snacks: Fruis... sad.gif

I'll survive. I'm going to try it for a 1-2 weeks. If I see any improvements, I'll be back and say "God Bless You!"

I am so going to follow this! I can't live without Pepsi, but I'll get Aquafina instead of Pepsi...

At lunch... Salad... sad.gif Snacks: Fruis... sad.gif

I'll survive. I'm going to try it for a 1-2 weeks. If I see any improvements, I'll be back and say "God Bless You!"

Do you really think toxins would be allowed in the food supply...I mean, my god, we have agencies which ensure that food is generally safe and test it several times over. Obviously if you eat it everyday or overconsume it may become a health problem, but otherwise it's fine.

Guest Stu :-)
Wow, you really have a lot of faith in these agencies. Recently in the UK a great load of stuff had to be removed from the supermarket shelves because of some poisonous food dye.

What about Oreos? They are currently being sued for having sold a potentially dangerous product for years and years to millions of trusting consumers.

More and more man made products in food are proving to have health damaging ingredients.

"Obviously if you eat it everyday or overconsume it may become a health problem, but otherwise it's fine." LOL!!! I am amazed at your levels of trust!!! Just look around, well aren't we a race of healthy humans these days! CANCER, OBESITY, ACNE.... well, these things may have always affected humans but now they are RIFE becuase of our lifestyles.

And actually, chocolate does contain natural toxins. Notably caffeine and theobromine. You'd have to eat about 20 pounds to kill you! It probably also contains residue of pesticides and hydrogenated fats.

Wrong again I'm afraid. There have been studies that prove a link in blood sugar levels, caused by the food we eat, and acne. There was one last year, in the US I believe.

Plus plenty of anecdotal evidence.

Now, Mr. Neo 17, if you are so sure that food contains no toxins then I'm assuming you do not ever s*** or urinate, or even need a liver or kidneys!!!  Or pehaps you just have part of your brain missing??

I still don't think that a healthy diet would prevent acne :S I eat a VERY high fibre diet, and drink a lot of water... The only thing missing from the list is that I eat white bread instead of brown bread. I do everything else, I drink tons of water etc. I don't eat chocolate bars, and if I do I eat them rarely. I walk to and from school, and when school is about an hours walk away that's excercise.

Somehow I doubt white bread has the toxins in it to cause the acne that I have :S

I still don't think that a healthy diet would prevent acne :S I eat a VERY high fibre diet, and drink a lot of water... The only thing missing from the list is that I eat white bread instead of brown bread. I do everything else, I drink tons of water etc. I don't eat chocolate bars, and if I do I eat them rarely. I walk to and from school, and when school is about an hours walk away that's excercise.

Somehow I doubt white bread has the toxins in it to cause the acne that I have :S

What's the best way to shave? I already use a shaving cream that doesn't clog pores, anything else I can do?

I find it amazing that everyone person who has replied with, "Acne is not affected by diet", comments that they "almost never", or "hardly ever", or "barely" consume fastfood/soda/sweets. If you don't think eating healthy affects your skin health, then you surely don't believe vitamins will help the body. The chemicals in junkfood etc., act as antigens to the body. This can trigger inflammation, deregulated hormone production. You are a joke if you can not link healthy eating to skin health.

It has been known for a long time, since a study in 1977 infact that high blood sugar levels can aggaravate acne.

"Skins tests on those with Acne have found that, even though their blood glucose tests normal, their skin's glucose tolerance is significantly impaired. Bacteria find a rich breeding ground anywhere that sugar is found. If glucose isn't being transported into the cells to be used as energy, it is remaining in the blood stream, and stagnating in areas where bacteria can breed, thus producing infections in the skin, and also elsewhere in the body." Abdel, K.M., et al. (1977). Glucose tolerance in blood and skin of patients with acne vulgaris. Ind J Derm 22, 139-149

And there was a study only last year... I just wish I could find it, it was in the lancet or some medical journal and it was basically finding a very strong link between acne and eating glycemic food.

Even people who think they are eating healthily may not be controlling their blood sugar levels. I used to eat TONS of fruit and drink about 3/4 glasses of fruit juice a day, really believing I was being very healthy... well, may skin was terrible and it was because of all the sugar, the fructose in fruit and fruit juice. Even just giving up the fruit juice made a difference to my skin.

I'm not advising people not to eat fruit or fruit juice, just to try eating more raw vegetables and or fruit that has a lower fructose levels.

Did you know that over the past few decades fruit has been genetically modified or carefully bred to be sweeter and contain more sugar by the growers/producers? For example, a Braeburn from New Zealand that you can buy in a UK supermarket has ridiculous levels of sugar in comparison to a native grown Cox.

Why do people keep insisting there is no link bewteen diet and acne and that there have been no studies to prove this?? I have seen plenty.

Have you noticed how a lot of the people who strongly believe diet doesn't affect their skin are very aggresive in their posts? Too much sugar perhaps?? smile.gif

I just red this quote in Sugar Blues, a great book about sugar and its history.

that book changed my life!!! biggrin.gif

immediately after reading it, I gave up all forms of sugar completely (for 2 weeks) It doesn't sound like a long time, but I challenge anyone to do that, it's not as easy as you my think. Sugar is in EVERYTHING!

it's the most addictive substance there is (more than any drug)

immediately after reading it, I gave up all forms of sugar completely (for 2 weeks) It doesn't sound like a long time, but I challenge anyone to do that, it's not as easy as you my think.  Sugar is in EVERYTHING!

Truthfully i don't think diet makes much of a difference.  There are people that eat tons of junk food and they don't have severe acne or any acne.  I think it is mostly hormones and touching the face and then not taking steps to prevent it like keeping face washed.  But most of all it's just hormones and your screwed until they make a cure.

immediately after reading it, I gave up all forms of sugar completely (for 2 weeks) It doesn't sound like a long time, but I challenge anyone to do that, it's not as easy as you my think.  Sugar is in EVERYTHING!

idris, stop making stupid fucking claims like "those of you that are bashing the diet theory are junk food eaters."

Guess what top gun, I havn't eaten a fast food item in over 5 years and I eat only certified organic foods.

And I had cystic acne. I've been going to an amazing dermatologist and as of this moment im 100% clear just scarring remaining *knock on wood*

So think about that next time, or better yet, keep your e-mouth shut.

~Poi

Guest delta force operators

i can say for a fact acne is coused by improper diet..the body needs to heal itself..im in the process of working on my liver

i never smoked or drank alcohol in my life or drank coffee and i still get acne. so i dont think that has much to do with it! drinking water is good but dont take it to the extreme.

YA stupid post! How come i didn't have acne when i was 14 years old and down? how come when i turned 16 and my face started to get oily all the acne started to slowly happen and become a real problem. Its because of Hormones, perferbly Testosterone. The only thing junk food does is throw more fat in ur body which in turn switches to oil and clogs ur pores, but of course B-5 can't help with this for Most ppl.

It's HORMONES AND IT WILL ALWAYS BE HORMONES!