Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have had acne for about 10 years now. A lot of my way of life as revolved around acne.

I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any idea what I could try???

My daily diet:

Glass of water when waking.

Museli and yoghurt for breakfast.

Green Tea

Snacks consisting of fruit, sunflower seeds and almonds.

Tuna on RYE bread for lunch.

Chicken or fish with steamed vegetables for dinner.

I only drink water and green tea.

I dont eat take away.

I dont smoke.

I exercise at least 3 times a week for a hour each time.

I take the following vitamins daily:

Livercare Complex

Vitamin B

Evening Primrose + Fish Oil

Zinc

Calcium

I have tried lots of different brands of cleansers etc.

I have tried Guinot, MD Forumlations, Soothleys, Clearasil, Tea tree washes.

I have had the MD formulations 6 peels course twice

I have tried getting a facial every week for 2 months and then once a fortnight for two months and then once a month.

At the moment I am using a cleanser with slycholic acid which i leave on my face for 10 minutes, morning and night and a deep pore cleanser with glycholic polymer every night.

I wear sunscreen everyday and have done so for 10 years.

WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?!?!??!?!?!

I still get huge breakouts, have lots of scars, heaps of blackheads.

I could have beautiful pale skin if it wasnt for the redness, blotchiness, blackheads and spots.

I feel helpless!!! WILL IT EVER END? WHAT MORE CAN I DO?!?!?!

Usually, the more you put stuff in your face, the more medications, chemicals, and etc you use, the more your acne becomes worse. You won't believe me, but after stopping everything, my skin recovered itself and built its natural wall against acne, like every other clear skinned people. However, I now have to live with the scars and marks it left behind. Read my sig, or look for "A new light for all of us" in this forum. I explained a lot of stuff over there.

for 3 months, there were slight improvement, but I still get acne, although not too much anymore. In five months, I saw a huge difference in both my skin texture and breakouts. In 6 months, which is where I am right now, my skin texture improved a lot, that it became smoother, and stronger. Also, I currently have just one zit, compared to 12 big ones, and a dozen more small ones 6 months ago, and it's not too big, but other than that, my face has been 97% clear for 3 weeks, and I just ate a lot of pizzas this week. Pizzas usually break me out, but I am surprised that they didn't this time. Read my thread, you'll learn a lot more.

Try Carley's Clear and Smooth check my regimine listed in my signature to see what i do!!

Also drinking Green Tea isn't good for ACNE washing ur face with GREEN tea is good.

Green Tea just avoids Bad breath and is a cleaner for ur body of toxins

Wow, I didn't know Tea prevents bad breathe. I've been drinking tea for 6 months now. It certainly isn't really the cause of me clearing up, but it's good for my digestive system and body, so I drink it anyways. There's an issue about coffees and teas though that they may cause cancer or something.

First of all, you are probably irritating your skin. Leaving a cleanser on your skin for 10 minutes WILL irritate it. Have you considered a gentle BHA leave on product instead? Next (and I am assuming you are female), have you looked into birth control pills? Let me tell you, I have had acne for as long as you have and *nothing* has worked as well as Nuva Ring has. I still breakout, yes. But, I was getting a new cyst everyday. Now, I maybe get 1 pimple per week.

I would start by seeing a reputable derm, gyno and endocrinologist. Have them test you for PCOS. Next, lighten up your regime a little. You are using really irritating products which WILL make acne worse. Third, please keep up with the sunscreen. Just try to find one that is truly non comedogenic. Try Pro Activ SPF 15. HTH!

I have had acne for about 10 years now. A lot of my way of life as revolved around acne.

I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any idea what I could try???

My daily diet:

Glass of water when waking.

Museli and yoghurt for breakfast.

Green Tea

Snacks consisting of fruit, sunflower seeds and almonds.

Tuna on RYE bread for lunch.

Chicken or fish with steamed vegetables for dinner.

I only drink water and green tea.

I dont eat take away.

I dont smoke.

I exercise at least 3 times a week for a hour each time.

I take the following vitamins daily:

Livercare Complex

Vitamin B

Evening Primrose + Fish Oil

Zinc

Calcium

I have tried lots of different brands of cleansers etc.

I have tried Guinot, MD Forumlations, Soothleys, Clearasil, Tea tree washes.

I have had the MD formulations 6 peels course twice

I have tried getting a facial every week for 2 months and then once a fortnight for two months and then once a month.

At the moment I am using a cleanser with slycholic acid which i leave on my face for 10 minutes, morning and night and a deep pore cleanser with glycholic polymer every night.

I wear sunscreen everyday and have done so for 10 years.

WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?!?!??!?!?!

I still get huge breakouts, have lots of scars, heaps of blackheads.

I could have beautiful pale skin if it wasnt for the redness, blotchiness, blackheads and spots.

I feel helpless!!! WILL IT EVER END? WHAT MORE CAN I DO?!?!?!

Fokus,

Have you tried Dan's Clear Skin Regimen? I didn't notice it in your list of things you have tried. It is working very well for me ( and lots of other folks here). If you haven't looked into it already, go to the top of this page and click on the link for Clear Skin Regimen. It sounds really simple, but for alot of people, it does work.

Best wishes to you, and I hope you find something that works.