Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, Ive been through so many ups and downs. As you guys know, i had mild acne to begin with and got prescribed Dynacin 100mg a day, Tazorac cream at night, and Clindagel for the mornings. The first couple of weeks were Hell! Thats when my neck got all red for like 2 weeks and i had to deal with the initial side effects of very dry skin, flaky skin, and a little reddened skin. Once i got through all those side effects (probably about week 8), i thought i was on my way to clear skin. I had kept getting pimples here and there, and i was just hoping for that 12 week mark. Well 12 weeks came and i still was getting pimples!! I was so mad. My neck was like a pizza almost (it wasnt really that bad but for me it was). But i just stuck with tazorac and went on. Then, my face started looking like it was finally clearing up by like week 13 1/2 , and what did i do? I visited a friend at college and ended up staying there for 2 days. For those 2 days i didnt put ANYTHING on my face at all. When i came back home i had like 5 new pimples. Then the next morning i woke up with like 10 total new pimples (probably from the tazorac bringing everything out again from missing 2 days of it). I was so mad!! So days went by and i had to keep dealing with those dam whiteheads again (it kinda reminded me of week 1-4 when i first started tazorac) and i had to deal with some dryness and flakes again. But, I religiously put it on everynight after that. Then in early week 15, those pimples finally started clearing up and my face did like a total turn around. My neck just like cleared up almost perfectly in like a couple days and i stopped getting pimples finally on the rest of my face. Right now (week 16), I only have like 1 active pimple on my jawline and just some remaining red marks that continue to fade on my mustache/chin and neck area. So, i think its safe to say now that tazorac is working!! Im not really dry anymore, my face has recovered from those 2 nights i missed treatment.

So for all of you on tazorac, dont be discouraged if u still get pimples on week 12. For me it took about 16 weeks for the breakouts to finally decrease dramatically. I still get 1 or 2 new tiny pimples here and there every week or so, but im sure they'll stop as i go further into weeks of tazorac. So stick with it guys!!

nyygiants,

You noted that your neck broke out. Mine has started to do so. However, I have been noticing that my face is full of red/purple marks. Especially on my jaw-line it looks like I am broken out much worse than I am. I haven't really picked at my face, but notice that sometimes the acne just dries up and falls off (leaving a large mark behind). I was just wondering, did you experience anything similar? If so, have the marks faded since your face has gotten clear?

Mouse, Yes the tazorac DID make my face more oily, probably within the first 6-8 weeks my face was extra oily. But after 8 weeks, it came back to normal.

Gopher, yea my neck broke out because of the tazorac. I never raelly had any acne down there, but i started putting tazorac down there for the hell of it and i broke out pretty badly up to like week 15.

Yes, i know what your talking about with the jaw line and red marks. It just takes like at least 4 days after the pimple has been popped for the red mark to clear up (for me at least). And, yes, my acne does dry off and flake off. I sometimes pick the flakes from the pimple but i notice that just leaves a temporary red mark so i try not to. And....The red marks have definetly disappeared now. Like i said, just give it time. I was still breaking out at week 14! Stick with it