Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amelie

Too much BP, too little moisturiser:HELP

I started using BP for the first time a couple of days ago, for 2 days. I didn't moisturise properly and now I have extremely dry and irritated skin, mainly in uneven patches. I only have 1 or 2 pimples so I've decided I can do without the BP now and quit.

Is there a quick fix to making my skin moist as it was before? Should i just apply heaps of moisturiser? Can anything else be done? Will an AHA peel help? How long will it take for my skin to go back to being moist?

I know I shouln't rush things but I have an important interview comming up and this is really irritating me so any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

Hey!

I think you are doing the right thing by stopping the BP for a while. Maybe you dont' reallly need something that harsh if you only have a couple of pimples, it really is for those with acne... which is more than just a few spots. BUT when I began the regimen at first I also didn't moisturise enough and had awful dry skin, in patches. Dan advised me to cut down a bit and build up slowly with the BP. I went down to using it once every other day until my skin got used to it. It was all red and burning and everything! :) Now it's fine! :D

As for getting your skin moist again, I read in a magazine somewhere that this one lady swears by smothering her face in moisturising loition at bedtime. I wonder if you might try that, as long as the lotion is OIL-FREE AND DOESN'T BLOCK PORES (can't think of the word for that right now!) that might be a quick way to fix your skin before your interview. Just an idea, I might be wrong! Hope you get it sorted ASAP!

I like to let the BP dry, then apply Aloe Vera to my face, and if needed, then a little vitamin k or moisturizer with SPF.

Hey Amelie,

Wot about a moisturising mask...Clarins makes one (v pricey) and so does Avene (less pricey - if you are in nz you can get from unichem phramacies) or you could just get a decent moisturiser and apply it to the patches regularly.

As for the regimen for a couple of pimples...it depends on how persistant the spots are. I have only ever had a few pimples...the trouble is that I have never been without them...and occasionally they do scar as my skin can attest. Regimen has worked for me.

Thank you all for your help.

I've been moisturising but my skin is still dry and in some areas flaky, i'll probably go out and buy the mask and give that a go.

Any ideas on what effect the AHA Peel would have on my skin? It's a mixture of 50% lactic acid and 30% glycolic acid.

Amelie I have dry skin too.

The best moisturiser I have used is Avene rich hydrating cream (it has only just come into NZ recently but I used to buy it when I lived in britain) although at the moment I am using Clarins moisturiser for sensitive skin. Both these products are pricey. Dry acne prone skin is a real ass to be honest....because you want moisturising NOT greasy and any acne-fighting ingredient will be drying and agravating too. There has been a good thread previously about products for dry skin:

http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php...2678&highlight=

thanks frances, going skin care shopping tomorrow.

Its starting to improve, I know it will heal over time, my problem is the time factor.