Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rell

Interested in Regimen but have showers in morning - advice?

Hi all,

I just stumbled upon this site yesterday and I found it very helpful and informative. I am interested to try the Regimen but I have my showers in the evening, instead of morning.

Does anyone care to give me advice in terms of the Regimen steps, and whether or not my shower in the evening makes a big difference to it?

hi, I don't think it does. I *think* you can just flip the morning/evening routine to suit your showering preference. Check back the regimen instruction page, im sure i read it somewhere.

Adam

i shower morning and evening

it really helps my face

i hate going to the skin and splashing around

i shower morning and evening

it really helps my face

i hate going to the skin and splashing around

Unfortunately I live in Australia and we are having low water storage at the moment.. so we can only shower once a day! :) I would have liked to shower twice a day..

Another question I wanted to ask is if we do the Regimen and it works, does that mean we have to keep doing it or can we get off it with *finally* clear skin? In the past I had tried creams that worked like mild chemical peel and also during the time of using those creams I NEVER had any pimples. But if I missed applying them for one day then my skin would look awful. So I got off the creams and now I get pimples again :D

I am afraid the regimen is a maintenance programme....it probably won't cure you of your propensiity to get acne- which is something genetic/hormonal. Certainly if you are going to do it follow dans instructions to the letter.

I think after you have been going it for a few months successfully you can start to experiement a bit. I am clear now and I only use a very small amount of bp twice a day...others have been able to scive off doing the regimen once a day. It is all personal and some people can't make any changes without seeing a nasty reoccurence.

Do try it though! 20 minutes each day dealing with your acne is a fair trade for not having to dwell on your acne every minute of every day.

It wouldn't be any different than washing your face twice a day. Don't you wash your face while you are in the shower? It's the same thing. Just wash your face in the morning at the sink then follow the regimen. Then when you shower at night, wash your face and follow the regimen. It works out the exact same.

Mercer

I am afraid the regimen is a maintenance programme....it probably won't cure you of your propensiity to get acne- which is something genetic/hormonal. Certainly if you are going to do it follow dans instructions to the letter.

Do you think, after you have been on the Regimen, that your skin is improving and you have less pimples?

I am still interested of trying the Regimen but I couldn't find Neutrogena On The Spot Acne Treatment anywhere :) I did find some Cetaphil products and I'd purchased the Cleansing Bar. I live in Victoria, Australia.

Rell, I can tell you much better than that. I have NO pimples and have had none since week 2 on the regimen.

Based on what is available in NZ ...try to search out ....panoxyl 2.5AQ (AQ means waterbased - do not use the oil based one by all accounts it is evil) the other option is benzac 2.5.

I use the cetaphil liquid cleanser - and I think it is excellent...I have very sensitive skin so this is a good sign. Make sure you get a light oil-free moisturiser as well.

Good luck!

Rell, I can tell you much better than that. I have NO pimples and have had none since week 2 on the regimen.

Based on what is available in NZ ...try to search out ....panoxyl 2.5AQ (AQ means waterbased - do not use the oil based one by all accounts it is evil) the other option is benzac 2.5.

I use the cetaphil liquid cleanser - and I think it is excellent...I have very sensitive skin so this is a good sign. Make sure you get a light oil-free moisturiser as well.

Good luck!

Thanks Frances... I'll look for those stuff tomorrow *feeling optimistic*

Lala.. can finally start regimen :)