Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jav818

uk supplies

does any 1 know the best products to use in the uk and where 2 buy them from and how effective are they in comparisions to dans? also is oxy on the spot 2.5% anygood?

Hi, Yes Oxy on the spot 2.5% is good, expensive but good. You can get it from boots or superdrug or most high street chemists in the UK I should imagine. I think it is on a par with the Neutrogena on the spot/

As far as the best products go...lately I have been using a lot of Simple products - the cleansing bar, moisturiser. In the past I have had good success with their wipes as well. I also occasionally use the St Ives Apricot scrub but I know many people find it to harsh.

But there are plenty of good products around, im sure other UKers will remember more that have escaped me for the moment. It’s a matter of experimenting to find out which work for you.

Adam

Hey there!

you can get another BP cream, 2.5%, which is cheaper than the Oxy one. You buy it over the counter in places like Boots.. it is called Panoxyl Aquagel. Like I said it is quite a bit cheaper than the Oxy stuff. Just go in and ask for a Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5 % cream and that's what they will probably give you.

I use Clean and Clear facial wash and for a moisturiser I use Garnier Synergie Vitamin Radiance Fluid, which also has the Alpha Hydroxy in it, as Dan recommends. Though if you are just starting the regimen you might want to wait to start using that moisturiser... might be a little too harsh at first as it acts as an exfoliator.

I have been using the regimen for nearly 3 months and for the most part it works fine... just now and then I get the odd spot! Vast improvment on what I used to get! :)

hey ..

just wondering how easy the panoxyl rubs into the skin ? seems to take me ages with the oxy maybe the panoxyl has more advantages than just being cheaper.. thanks

:- nope it still takes 32 kazillion hours, I just use it cause it's cheaper and you get double what you would with the Oxy

yeah, it still takes time to rub it in.. bummer... but then it IS cheaper and you get more for your money!!! Actually, I am now alternating BP (mornings) and Sudocream (evenings). Working GREAT!

I know Dan recommends the Eucerin lotion but I can't find it in the UK. There are other eucerin prodcuts there but I've notice they contain benzoyl alcohol which I am keen to stay away with, plus there is no aplha hydroxy in there. i might try that Garnier stuff that yo mentioned.

As for face wash I've used Biore blemish prevention wash for a while and just noticed it contains salicylic acid....This is supposed to be a bad idea with BP and my spots have been pretty bad for a while. However I used to use it with benzamycin gel for ages and my skin was great on that before they stopped making it.

So I am gonna change my facewash, might try the Simple stuff. I also ight try the Panoxyl thgouh my Brevoxyl has last a good while and that was only 6 quid. Thats 4% BP and doesn't take long to soak in.