Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Benzac AC vs. PanOxyl

Hey all just thought I'd share some insights...

I've been using PanOxyl AQ (water based) for a few months now and it's been working pretty well. But after running out I went to the chemist and picked up a different PanOxyl- the gel kind- because they didn't have the AQ. OMG! The gel kind burned like nothing else! In the words of Gaz- this stuff is PainOxyl!

Soooo, deciding to not traumatize my face any longer, I went back to the Chemist. Hearing about the Benzac from fellow So. Hemisphere people, I thought I would give it a try. Well, I must say, I am very pleased with this stuff! I got the one with AC- which is meant to absorb oil and soothe the skin- and I think it actually does what it says. My skin is less oily today, but not at all flakey, and I've had NO hideous burning sensation- yay!

So, I'm making the switch. Loving the Benzac AC. PanOxyl AQ is decent, but stay far away from the gel based stuff.

Hey there!

we get that same PanOxyl stuff here in the UK too. But whenever I have gone to the chemist they just give me PanOxyl Aqua gel... 2.5 %. I haven't experienced any burning sensation at-all with it! It IS water based but is also a gel as opposed to a cream. Not sure if it is exactly what you are talking about but thought I would add that at least for me it works fine and I have been using it for 3 months nearly! :)

Guess different things work for different skins! That's cool you found something that is doing good!

Yo...Fiona is pointing out the difference between the water based and oil based panoxyl products. Water based (AQ or Aqua) no sting.

Fiona, I'm glad you posted about this. I noticed a while back that Benzac is actually considerably cheaper as the tube is actually 10g larger than panoxyl. I am just running out of panoxyl so will replace with benzac - thanks for the tip.

BTW - What has happened to "here goes"? - time for an update gal!!

ohhhhhhhhhhh I get ya! I only have seen the water based one here in the UK and didn't realise they did an oil-based one! Sounds like I am using the right stuff then! :wink:

Yo...who knows why any one would want to apply an oil based products to their spots...mean pharmaceutical manufacturers always out to trick us :)

Hey frances! Hope the Benzac works for you- I'm really likin the stuff.

And thanks for the kick in the pants- I've been realy slack about my reg log- crazy times here- buying a house :-

I'll get onto that log- much to share!!

All the best :wink: