Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sierra352

Minocin is working... but for how long?

I have cleared up! I get these red spots though that are like half zits, they die fast and never develop fully, its only over one month of Minocin 100mg twice daily so it needs more time.

I go stretches of acne free skin for a week, then get maybe 1 or 2 larger zits that are kinda half dead so I know that this is working somewhat.

It takes 2-3 months for Minocin to work best right? my results are pretty good, so I hope in another month I will have no acne really at all... I HOPE.

The thing is when do bacteria get resistent to the Minocin? some people it takes a year, some 6 months... plus I don't think taking antibiotics for longer than a year is good so I'll have to stop sometime.

I happy that my skin is clearing up, but damn if it ever comes back I dunno what to do.

any advice?

Hey there,

I just got off mino today. It worked excellent for me for over a year. But I developed resistance and my acne came back. Now I just started accuatne today. Hope you grow out of your acne before you develop resistance to mino.