Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
emilyburd

feelign unattractive; hey its weight not acne!

Im not comfortable talking to anyone so Ill say it here;

I heard a hurtful comment because its true, its been rainty, and running outside hasnt been outside

my dad said "hey, are you gaining weight?: My dad understood a second later that a very hurtful topic and apologized but I feeel disgusting now

weight's my biggest concern, maybe more than my mild acne, I dont know

but I feel unattractive, andn ow Im going to a dance and I want to go for the hot guy, but at the same time why should I if Im not the hottest person there is?

At the same time, I feel extremely selfish for being this superficial, but it took me three years to loose my fatness, and I was called perfect weight and sknny and everything last summer I lvoed the comments, at the same time I feel as Im battling weight that its superficial

At the same time hearing something form dad is extremely hurtful, and I feel disgustingly disgusting

All because of weight, how sad is that?

ANd Im sorry if its unrelated to acne; its related to self esteem

I never dealt weight, but I did used to be skinny. For a guy being too skinny isn't that great, well at least to me. I didn't want to be a twig anymore and it bothered the piss out of me. It bothered me so much that I changed my diet and worked out/cardio 4-5 days a week. At first it is horrible because you get sore a lot when your body isn't used to it, but I was so determined, and I corrected it and am very happy with my size now.

If you want it bad enough, you will take the extremities to achieve it. It's a lifestyle choice and not something you can just work at for awhile and then stop and expect the results to stay.

Do you want it bad enough? Are you determined? If you don't want it bad enough, then you need to find out for yourself and work at accepting yourself for who you are.

If you do want it bad enough, like I did.. you will earn it..

If you do feel you want it bad enough but don't have the discipline to achieve it, I can only say I feel sorry for you for that.

I have the same problem, Sir Anxiety...I'm skinny and hating it, sad thing is I break out like crazy when I work out hard. Not from the sweat or anything, but the hormones going crazy gives me huge nodules mainly on my chest and neck. I'm still trying to find out a balance so I can get bigger.

Damn, we're all way to self conscience....

Yeah, I can't say getting big helps acne.. because if diet affects your acne(Some people it can and can't I guess, but for me it does) then eating a lot isn't going to help things, unless you eat really clean.

Everyone thinks being self conscious is a bad thing.. It can be a bad thing if it hampers your life.. but in a world where everything is like real estate, you do whatever you can to up your value.

Everyone has(or should) parts of them or their life that they strive for. Some people it's a hobbie, others it's a career, or yeah even looks. What matters to you?

Hobbie or career, those are considered all great and good. But looks has a bad rap because it's considered ugly words like vain...superficial..not important..etc.

Yet it's in the top 3 driving forces that influence everyone on a day to day life. Every day, the 'not important'/superficial/vain decision comes up for everyone on the freaking planet.. whether they are picking out flowers, getting a house, or a new cute puppy, or whatever.

We are all so full of crap it's unbelievable.. we just don't want to admit it or accept it.

If you think you're starting to gain weight at all...If you don't already, stay away from soda of any kind.

I haven't drank soda, not a drop, for almost 2 years now, and I've lost 45 pounds, I eat WHATEVER I want, I just don't drink soda. I used to drink 4 cans a day and then I realized it's very empty calories, tons of sugar and carbs...It was like 160g of carbs and 160g of sugar extra PER DAY that I could have gotten elsewhere, or left out completely.

I was never a "fat" kid, I was a bit overweight, I was about 230 and I'm 6'2", I was also fairly muscular, which I'm not as much anymore (from being lazy tongue.gif) and now I'm 6'2" and about 185. Just from not drinking soda, seems like a good deal to me.

My mom also stopped under my advise, and she's lost like 20 pounds...So, if you want to keep your slimness, it's worth a try, I can almost gaurentee it'll help because it's a lot of extra useless stuff taken out of your diet.

that's how this country became obese. You see that you're gaining weight, so stop eating fast food, foods full of fat and sugar and go to the gym. If you don't have a lot of money, start running. You shouldn't be like "oh I'm getting fat. WHat do I have in my fridge btw?"

weight is a difficult subject i used to be so so skinny like looking ill not because i used to do alot of exercise and ate quite well (i ate alot just quite well) then i started to get hips and boobs and went on the pill and put on alot of weight i mean i didn't look bad at the point looking back it was the best i have ever looked but i felt so fat it was unbelievable and from then on delveloped and eating disorder and made myself quite ill when all my friends started catching up with me i then reailsed i actually lokked good and it all seemed to stop, i am the biggest i have ever been (not saying my weight because you will all think i am huge i am just very tall) but i am a size 8/10 u.s 12 uk and i am happy.

My dad often say ooo u r putting on abit of weight aren't you but i realise he is only looking out for me as he is abese himself and doesn't want me to go the same way (he has no tact like alot of parents).

If you feel overweight and stuff do something about it my weight has fluctuated so much in thr past being a faddy eater etc but now at uni and stuff doing sport and exercise science learning about nutrition and exercise etc i my weight is finally stable and i fell better for it

If you want any advice feel free to pm me

sorry for the book all

kat

Im not comfortable talking to anyone so Ill say it here;

I heard a hurtful comment because its true, its been rainty, and running outside hasnt been outside

my dad said "hey, are you gaining weight?: My dad understood a second later that a very hurtful topic and apologized but I feeel disgusting now

weight's my biggest concern, maybe more than my mild acne, I dont know

but I feel unattractive, andn ow Im going to a dance and I want to go for the hot guy, but at the same time why should I if Im not the hottest person there is?

At the same time, I feel extremely selfish for being this superficial, but it took me three years to loose my fatness, and I was called perfect weight and sknny and everything last summer I lvoed the comments, at the same time I feel as Im battling weight that its superficial

At the same time hearing something form dad is extremely hurtful, and I feel disgustingly disgusting

All because of weight, how sad is that?

ANd Im sorry if its unrelated to acne; its related to self esteem

Cut out fast food. I canNOT stress this enough!

Four months ago I was eating fast food 7-9 times a week (and had been for almost two years), so I cut it down to just once a week. I LOVE fast food - absolutley adore the taste, the convience, and the fact that in the short term, it's cheap - so, this wasn't an easy thing to cut back on. (I mean, REALLY not easy!)

Between my job (manual labor) and the reduction in fast food, I've lost nearly 20 lbs in four months. Most people won't lose weight this fast unless they excersise or have a physical job - however, even with MILD excersise, you'll notice your body improving in mere weeks.

I had to learn how to plan for my hunger (I'm terrible at that!), and that was really hard as well. Part of what I did is put the money I'd spend on fast food (2-5 dollars a day) in a jar and wow - did it add up fast! Not only that, but now I REALLY look foward to my once a week treat out to fast food. It's kinda a neat trick for motivating myself through the week.

The other trick is to make sure you are eating enough. I know that sounds awfully wierd to someone wanting to lose wieght, but it is important. When I cut out fast food, I didn't immediatly replace it with other, more healthy foods - I just ate less. That's not nesscarily healthy - in order to maintain the level of work my body needed to do, I had to replace those calories. Some small changes for protein and carbs later - I'm doing great. Feel better, look better, etc.

Weight CAN be a self-esteem issue. It doesn't have to be. In the end, the trick is to make yourself feel better in a healthy manner.

Hey emilyburd

Just ignore the comment all you can be is you. Maybe your father said that by accident

I know it's hard, i've been struggling with self-esteem issues ever since i was 14(I am now 25)

but you know i just go on with my life, day by day. It helps when you have someone to talk to.

Best Wishes

Miranda

can i say f$ck?

your dad seems like an ass.

(mine too)

dont feel bad i used to be a swolle 150lbs now im a blob at 200lbs.

i need some motivation people

one thing to point out:

Im not a lazy person or a slob, I run outside, but its been rainy nonstop for the last few days causing me unableness to run, and my mom took me out of the gym (very productive in the summer) I lost weight quickly

I dont eat fast food (I come from a crazy family that never eats out, and not to eat out is in my blood haha), I dont eat sweets, BUT its not enough for me to look perfect skinnny.

Perfect skinny takes running and gym, and because I have more of a life I have less time to run

Has motivation gone down a notch? Maybe with all the stress I get from school Id rather seriusly sleep or take a break for 10 minutes doing nothing particular except listening to music. One thing, I regret taking dance pe this year, in pe last year we ran so much, it was helpful, my bad choice with dance pe caused me to not get enough excercise.

I have the fuckies metabolism in the world there's seriusly a difference from day to day---- one day I can weigh 127 pounds, the next is 135, its ridiculous, but when I CONSTANTLY excercise it stays at 127 or even goes to 125 =).

I hate stresss.

I feel better too, its just that no matter if Im perfect skinny or a little more weight I dont like to talk about the subject of weight

It sounds really stupid I'm sure, but I run in our basement...in a circle.

Listening to music.. i dont let anyone watch me, but that's what I do..I run around my gym equipment with a heart monitor on and keep my heart about 130-140beats per minute blastin music.

With our crappy weather and my anti social tendencies, gyms and outdoors are not reliable sources for me to get exercise.