Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carpenter newton

TCA CROSS Pictures?

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone can post or send me some pictures of their TCA CROSS experence. Or maybe some links to some pics.

I am curious to see what I am in for if I decide to go and have this treatment. what it looks like afterwards etc...

Thanks in advance.....

If you so a search on the scar forum using "TCA cross" you will find many different thread that have already been posted and that provides all sorts of valuable information. There are not many pictures available, even on the web. Below is a site to one case study picture. There are also a couple of very helpful people on this web site that have journaled their progress and posted pictures but like I said you will have to seach this site for them.

http://www.cosmetic-medicine.jp/english/re...ikon/index.html

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone can post or send me some pictures of their TCA CROSS experence. Or maybe some links to some pics.

I am curious to see what I am in for if I decide to go and have this treatment. what it looks like afterwards etc...

Thanks in advance.....

thanks..I have read most of the posts on TCA here, and I haven't found any good before and after pics(from patients, not doctors)

here is my situation. I have found a doctor, the ONLY one in my city that does CROSS. The problem is that when I came to this fourm, I found 2 people who gave negative reviews for this doctor. They both had smoothbeam, not cross.

what are the odds of a doctor screwing this procedure up? Because right now, I guess it's either him or I buy it and do it myself. Do I trust a doctor who may or may not be bad, or myself who has never performed this procedure? it seems like a silly question, but I really don't know what to do..

I have ice pick scarring in the cheek area, and it is really holding me back from enjoying life in any sort of way.

Thanks!

carpenter newton, I would encourage you to try the self treatment. I agree TCA is to be respected but I don't think it's that hard to deal with. You have to study the threads and make sure you understand the steps. It's not brain surgery--but it is acid.

I have done it several times with good results--no problems. After having done it myself, I wouldn't consider paying a doc to do it. Good Luck!

hello there

I have a question...in reilly's pics (which are amazing!!!) he/she mentions tca complex? what exactly is tca complex? is that like TCA peel? thanks!!

If you have a steady hand then I think you should give it a try yourself. Before buying anything, take a a little vile of water and a regular toothpick and practice the procedure as if it where the real thing. After you feel comfortable and think you can easily perform it then give it a try. Maybe start out with a 50% solution on a couple of scars and see how it goes. I did try this myself using 100% TCA from peelsondemand.com but I did not see the results that are often discussed. I tried it three different occasions on different scars. With my first attempt I did not experience any frosting or scabbing and very mild redness for a few hours; no improvement was noted. On my second attempt I did feel a mild sting, slight frosting for about a minute, and then redness and tightness in scar for a couple of days but still no scabbing; I did notice a slight change in one of the mild icepicks on my chin but nothing dramatic. My third attempt was similar to my second, but this time a soaked the needle for one minute, spread the scar open, and applied the toothpick in the holes more aggressively. The frosting was more pronounced and the redness lasted a lot longer than the my first two attempts. The scars did scab after about the third day but only inside the scar and they all fell off by the fourth day, probably due to washing my face even though I did not scrub. Anyways, I did not see any results from that either. I may try it one more time, this time on the a couple of the scars I already treated. I did find it quite easy to perform and had zero complications. I always kept everything within arms reach, especially the neutralizing powder "baking soda", stood close to a huge mirror in a well lit room, spread each scar as far as I could to avoid applying to good skin, and helod the toothpick above the TCA container for about 15-30 seconds after soaking to inspect any potential dripping. Good luck if you do decide to try it on your own.