Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
poohman

Need advice: Artecoll, subcision/N-lite, needling

I've had Artecoll , and it helps soft rolling scars. Ive had 40-50% improvement on the scars that were injected - I'll probably do another couple of syringes at some point for those types of scars....the problem is most of my scars now are the more shallow box car. Ther are a ton of these.

I'm thinking of going to Rapport for subcision/N-lite for the the package is around $1400. If I got subcision alone, only$650, I believe they said.

Question: Is the laser worth it? Maybe I should skip the laser, just get subcision and save my money for more artecoll and then maybe finish everything off with a few sessions of the cheaper and possibly more effective needling?? I read about Transitions in NY....

What do you guys think? This is so bloody confusing and not something I like to have to spend time thinking about... but I need to feel better when I look at myself, at least until I'm fat and married and don't care anymore....

The most frustrating part is having to plan a week at least of hiding out, getting time off work not seeing anyone... you know? any advice would be appreciated.

poohman,

I had subcision done by Dr.Rappaport. You will need at least three

sessions of subcision to see improvement( 50-60%).

Where did you went for Artecoll?

I would probably go ahead and get the subcision done, and possibly the N-Lite as well. I'd see how that went and if you didn't get the results you are looking for then I would go for the needling. If the needling still didn't give you what you wanted then I would go for more Artecoll. If that didn't work then and only then would I go for the laser. Reasoning: Do the least invasive procedures first. After my laser surgery I was in severe pain and was out of work for two weeks. Basically it was a hell I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Just my two cents.

poohman - needling is prbably the cheapest option - and down time is 5 days.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Yeah, I think I'll hold off on more Artecoll at least until someone in the US is doing it, I had to drive to Canada before. Artecoll really can't touch or help any damage that is in the top few layers of skin, it just pushes the skin up a little.

So I just need to decide on subcision with or without laser. Dr. Rappaports nurse said the Dr.s opion was that the laser cuts in half the number of subcisions that are necessary. I'm just skeptical of someone whos trying to pocket $600 with a ten minute procedure - I might push it too if I could get that much $$ that quickly....

So I would need three subcisions to see 50% to 60% improvement? Oh boy. I'm afraid I'm going to become an acne scar surgery junkie and go broke!!

OursFan - what would you say is the minimum number of days after the day of the subcision that I should expect to be hiding my face. Would 5 be enough?? I dont think I'll be wearing any make-up. Also, what was your doctors opinion on the added benefit of the Nlite after subcision?

Didy - I went to a doctor in Windsor Ontario. He did a decent job. One thing about Artecoll is that if its injected too deep, you don't see any improvement at all, if its injected too shallow, you'll have a subtle raised bump, or sometimes even an inflamed bump/bumps.

Make sure your doctor has done it for a while. After writing this I realized if i get more Artecoll, it may be worth going to Canada - they've had four years of experience up there. Either that or find one of the US doctors who was using it in the FDA studies.

OursFan - what would you say is the minimum number of days after the day of the subcision that I should expect to be hiding my face. Would 5 be enough??  I dont think I'll be wearing any make-up.   Also, what was your doctors opinion on the added benefit of the Nlite after subcision?

Poohman - Here is a link to the webpage so that you can judge the # of days you think would be sufficient. All the photos are without makeup.

http://www.tamaramadden.com/Subcision/Subcision.htm

I stayed fairly bruised for about a week, I'd say but I was able to cover most of it with makeup almost immediately.

Actually, my Dr. thought that N-Lite would most likely give me good results by itself.... I was the one who really pushed for the subcision in addition because of what I'd heard about Rapaport's technique. N-Lite is supposed to boost the collagen growth in the scars, thus filling in the scar.

Thanks, Tamara

My Scaring is similar to you, but my chin has some as well,

and on one side I had/have several larger rolling scars, fairly deep, this is where I had 2 1/2 syringes of the artecoll injected, which did help some with those, though I think subcsicion would enhance the results. (ideally I should have had subcision first, but I miscalculated how deep artecoll is actually injected and didn't know much about subcision... Dr. Rappaports Nurse asked the Dr. for me if there was any problem doing subsicion after having artecoll - she said he didn't think so. It was funny, she didn't understand what artecoll was, I educated her on it, she thought it was temporary like bovine collegan.)

Anyway your face looks like its had at least 50% improvement based on those pictures... what do you think?? The only thing that took a while to resolve was that big bruise on your right cheek, other than that, it didn't look bad at all.... do you typically bruise easily?

Hi Poohman---where did you go in Windsor for the Artecoll injections? I live in Detroit and that would be very close for me---Thanks!

Doctors name was Jerry Tan, he's listed with the other doctors that perform Artecoll injections on the canderm.com website. There's a lot of doctors in Ontario that do it. Make sure you have the right kind of scars for it, good luck.

Thanks, Tamara

Anyway your face looks like its had at least 50% improvement based on those pictures... what do you think?? The only thing that took a while to resolve was that big bruise on your right cheek, other than that, it didn't look bad at all.... do you typically bruise easily?

You're welcome. :-

Hmmm.... Don't know if I'd say 50%, I think probably about 30-40%. Yes - I do typically bruise easily.

Thanks for the advice everyone - Ive decided what I am going to do.... I have around $2300 bonus coming to me soon which I've earmarked for my pockmarks (ha ha).

Thats all I want to spend, and I think/hope after this I'll see at least 60% improvement overall, I'm probably at 30% to 40% right now, three months after the first round of artecoll - 4 syringes.

I'm going to skip the Nlite laser, but I will go to Rappaport for subcision and spot TCA treatment.... I imagine that will be around $1000.... then I'm going on a little jaunt back up to Canada to stock up on coffee crisps and have 3 more syringes of artecoll injected.....another $1300....

I've opted for more artecoll over the Nlite because I know first hand that artecoll works, and I'm not convinced that Nlite does much for deeper scars and its too much money to risk having no improvement... if I were rich I'd do ten sessions of Nlite, but thats not the case and I have to be smart about this.

Afer I do the subcision, TCA and more Artecoll, I may go to New York and have my entire face needled, figure that might cost $150. If I think it helps, a may do the needling several times cause its cheap. The needling may help with my shallow scars more than anything else I'm planning.

By the way I've been applying Copper Peptides Serum and a Vitamin C cream (alternating) with a micro-needle roller, this has helped my overall skin tone and texture, and eventually may help my scarring, hopefully.

After these things I'm hoping to forget about my scarring as much as possible unless a great new treatment comes out, or I have more money.

I think the ideal treatment would be an inert, permanant injectable filler that could be applied at any level of the dermis, not just sub- dermally like Artecoll... if this existed, I wouldn't care what it cost.

That sounds like a great plan. Please keep us posted on each of your treatments when you get a chance. :-